December 17, 2016 by brennon
So, what’s inside the book and how does it work?
- A fast-paced wargame rule set combining World War Two and the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Uses the highly successful Dystopian Legions by Spartan Games for a fun but challenging tactical experience.
- Based on the award-winning Achtung! Cthulhu roleplaying game setting by Modiphius Entertainment with
- A major cast of heroes and villains, secret organisations, terrifying horrors and ancient artefacts.
- Track the growing influence of the Mythos over the battlefield. As the Mythos Influence Level rises, strange and terrible things begin to happen to those involved in the conflict.
- New Tactical Action Cards and ‘Model Assigned Rules’— MARs that capture the feel and flavour of the Achtung! Cthulhu settings.
- Introducing rules for Mythos powers, spells and artefacts.
- Stats for Achtung! Cthulhu forces as well as normal historical infantry, support weapons, vehicles and tanks.
- Players from both sides can bring powerful spellcasters to bear—weaving spells across the battlefield to ensure victory over their enemy.
- Written and converted by Matthew Hope (Relic Knights, AE-WWII, Wrath of Kings, Sedition Wars), with narrative design by Achtung! Cthulhu’s John Houlihan.
- Fully compatible with the existing Achtung! Cthulhu miniatures range. For more information on the range, see http://www.modiphius.net/collections/miniatures-1
- Expand your campaigns with hero and villain characters like Sgt Brandon Carter, Ariane D’bois or ‘Sweet’ Liesel Bohm, Adawolfa Gabler, or Franz ‘the Blackbird’ Amsel.
- Call for reinforcements like the Deep One war party, Servitors of Nyarlathotep, Badger’s Commandos or Demonhunter Pathfinders to rule the battlefield.
- All purchases come with free download of Secret War Operations – free tutorial missions for both for both US and Black Sun operatives plus our massive Forest of Fear background storyline
- Narrative base campaigns and expansion sets throughout the year will expand and enhance your adventures!
It’s all very cool indeed and you can pick up some of the skirmish packs for this game over on their webstore HERE.
What do you think of giving this a go?
"It's all very cool indeed and you can pick up some of the skirmish packs for this game over on their webstore..."