November 19, 2015 by brennon
Modiphius have announced that they are launching a new Introductory Set which enables you to play with all of your Airfix soldiers in proper games on the dining room table or on the floor. Airfix Battles is looking like a lot of fun and brings make memories of childhood…
The boxed set comes with tokens and tiles for marking out your battlefields as well as rules, dice and a command deck which gives you options for choosing your forces.
The full contents include…
- Two double-sided maps showing the war-torn Normandy countryside to fight over.
- Two sheets of die-cut counters featuring scenery, objectives, tanks, vehicles, guns and infantry so you can start playing immediately or better still grab your Airfix figures.
- A 16 page Rulebook with introductory rules to get you playing Airfix Battles
- A 16 page Mission book. Each mission introduces new rules leading you step by step through a series of fun narrative missions across Normandy.
- A 54 card Force Deck, each card describing a German or American squad, tank, vehicle or gun.
- A 54 card Command Deck to give orders to your forces
- Five six-sided dice.
…and you will also be able to pick up a Collectors Edition which will come with expanded rules for growing your games and adding some more complexity to the way in which you play out battles from World War II.
You will be able to pick up the boxed set from April 2016 and there are plans to expand the collection to cover other Airfix kits too.
Will you be grabbing this?
"You will be able to pick up the boxed set from April 2016 and there are plans to expand the collection to cover other Airfix kits too..."