March 3, 2014 by dracs
The BattleTech Introductory Box Set contains everything you need to get playing this classic board game:
- 24 unpainted, ready-to-play plastic BattleMech minis
- 2 unpainted, premium-quality plastic BattleMech minis
- One 12-page full-color quick-start rulebook will have players into the action in minutes
- 36-page book of pre-generated BattleMech Record Sheets
- One 80-page full-color rulebook
- Inner Sphere at a Glance, a 56-page full-color book of universe
background and BattleMech technical data
- One 16-page full-color Painting and Tactics Guide
- Two heavy-duty cards of compiled tables
- Two 18″ x 24″ game-board quality maps
Now this set is a reprint of the previous introductory box set, but according to Catalyst there has been a significant improvement in the miniatures. Below you can see a comparison image, with the miniatures from the previous edition on the top and the new Introductory Box Set minis below.
Catalyst are also running a special offer for those of you who think you might like to get friend into this game too. Buy two sets and you will also receive an extra set of all the plastic miniatures contained in the box.
Is this a game you’d be willing to try? Have you played it before?