November 14, 2015 by brennon
The full name of this particular set is the Concord Combined Command Starter Army and features a range of both plastic and metal kits bought together to make a coherent fighting force on the tabletop.
Inside you get (with their in game points added)…
- Metal C3 Strike command team (3) – (110 points)
- 3x plastic C3 strike squad (inc 3 support drones) – (513 points)
- Metal C3 Drop Squad (5) – (176 points)
- Metal C3 X-launcher team (2) Strike Trooper crew, Spotter – (50 points)
- Metal targeter probe shard (4) – (20 points)
…which makes for quite the army. I wasn’t won over by the Concord when I first saw them but the plastic models have certainly pushed them on me as a potential army. In particular I do like the drones that this army uses.
Taking a different tact when it comes to the forces they deploy on the tabletop we have the Ghar Empire Starter Army. In here you get their plastic walkers alongside some rather unarmoured and hapless foot troops.
Inside this set you get…
- 2x Plastic Battle Squad (3 walkers each) – (368 points)
- Plastic Assault Squad (3 walkers) – (184 points)
- Metal Ghar Outcast Squad (6) with Disruptor Cannon – (67 points)
- Metal Ghar Flitter shard (4) – (20 points)
While small and feeble the Ghar are a formidable fighting force once they get armoured up inside their battle suits. I would not want to be one of the poor Ghar who has to trudge around on foot.
Which army did you go for?
"I would not want to be one of the poor Ghar who has to trudge around on foot..."