March 22, 2016 by brennon
North Star and The Ministry Of Gentlemanly Warfare have now released their Dark Age skirmishing rules set called Blood Eagle. Grab your Dark Age warriors, your Vikings, Saxons and more and get ready for a brutal scrap through Europe.
The rules include plenty of information including…
- The core rules of play,
- The complete points system so you can create your own forces,
- Full listings for thirteen unique forces from the period,
- Ten legendary heroes that warbands can call upon to aid their cause,
- Armour, weapons and equipment, both ordinary and legendary,
- Detailed listings of abilities, pagan Wyrd powers and Christian miracles,
- Sixteen scenarios, supported by twelve scenario complications,
- Fifteen detailed landscapes for you to play across,
- A complete campaign system to let you write your own sagas,
- Rules for shipboard combat, and
- Simple, yet rewarding campaign rules.
I think that it’s great that the game not only includes ways for you to play out games with a Historical twist but also a Fantasy one where you drop magical powers and more into the mix. The campaign system is also a massive thing for the game to give it longevity.
It will be great to see folks take their existing collections for games like SAGA and drop them into this game to play out the smaller confrontations and tell a story.
Will you be snapping this up?
"I think that it's great that the game not only includes ways for you to play out games with a Historical twist but also a Fantasy one where you drop magical powers and more into the mix..."