September 15, 2017 by dracs
Changeling: The Dreaming holds the odd distinction of being considered both the closest to high fantasy and yet the darkest game among the main five classic World of Darkness rule sets.
Players take on the role of changelings, fae souls born into human bodies, who must deal with a world that no longer believes in myth and magic, difficult when you’re a being to whom mundanity is literally anathema.
As with the previous 20th anniversary editions, this new version of Changeling brings us the familiar game with some new updates to the formula.
According to Onyx Publishing, this version features:
- A revised and up to date look at the World of Darkness through the eyes of the Kithain – what has happened to the Dreaming in the last 20 years, and what is the state of Glamour and dreams?
- Rules for all of the kiths including in 2nd ed, plus fan favorites from other books: selkies, piskies, clurichaun, and both Arcadian and Concordian sidhe.
- Rules for the Gallain: The inanimae, the hsien, the Nunnehi, and others!
- An overhauled and reimagined system for fae magic, including new Arts and the powerful but dangerous practice of Unleashing!
- New full-color beautiful artwork as well as classic Changeling illustrations including remastered full page pieces of the kiths by Tony Diterlizzi.
This version is now available from DriveThruRPG as either a pdf or hardback copy.
Do you plan to give this game a go?
"Both the closest to high fantasy and yet the darkest game in World of Darkness..."