March 14, 2018 by brennon
Inside the book, you will find…
- Join your dog-brothers and sword-sisters on the fields of battle, and take your pay in gold and glory!
- New archetypes, talents, and equipment, allowing you to create your own mercenary characters and companies, with all the skills needed to conquer your enemies!
- A gazetteer covering locations in Conan’s world, where rulers attempt to take and maintain thrones, and mercenary armies are the forces that make the difference. Inside are detailed guides to Koth, Ophir, Shem, and Khoraja.
- Learn the ways of the mercenary — sieges, battles…victories, as well as defeats — and the time spent carousing between.
- Write-ups for Conan the Mercenary, Tsothalanti, Pelias, Prince Almaric, Princess Yasmela, Thugra Khotan, and monstrous foes such as the Nightmare Mount, Iron Statues, and Satha the Old One.
- An all-new system for mass battles! Command the very troops that live and die in the profession of arms.
- Stunning art and maps, produced by world-renowned Conan artists.
- Developed with leading Conan scholars, this is war as Howard depicted it — savage, unforgiving, and heaped in both gore and glory!
It sounds like a nice expansion which gives you a lot more toys to play with. The main focus is around the life of a Mercenary. I’d love to see how they deal with sieges and larger battles.
There were some very good rules for playing out battles in the Dragon Age RPG from Green Ronin, but I would assume that the world of Conan has a few more brutal tricks up its sleeve.
Are you playing through sessions of this Conan RPG?
Let us know below…
"Learn the ways of the mercenary — sieges, battles…victories, as well as defeats and the time spent carousing between..."