September 6, 2017 by brennon
Inside this book, you will find…
- New archetypes, talents, backgrounds, and equipment allowing you to create your own unique barbarian characters, born to the warlike and savage north.
- A gazetteer covering the region Conan came from, bleak lands shrouded in snow and ice, and wreathed in fog. Detailed guides to the walled fortress cities of Hyperborea, the unruly clans of Cimmeria, and the warring tribes of Nordheim, the Æsir and Vanir.
- A raid system, allowing the gamemaster to create and run raids, defining their loot, and determining the consequences.
- Guides to running barbaric-themed games, with barbaric carousing rules, head-taking, shield-walls, berserkers, bardic abilities, and other features unique to the lands of the north.
- Stunning art and maps, produced by world-renowned Conan artists.
- Developed with leading Conan scholars, this is the barbaric north of the Hyborian Age, just as Howard created it!
It sounds like a great excuse to take your adventures in a new direction and play around with the more brutal (or EVEN more brutal) side of Conan in the savage North.
The one aspect of this that stuck out for me the most was the raid system mentioned above. I like the idea of playing as raiders from across the lands who have been drafted in (or subjected) to the whims of a Northern warlord and have to go raid and bring him back treasure.
Break out the drinking horns and start rabble rousing at the table top I say.
Will you be picking this up?
"I like the idea of playing as raiders from across the lands who have been drafted in (or subjected) to the whims of a Northern warlord and have to go raid and bring him back treasure..."