April 21, 2016 by dracs
Onyx Path are stepping away from the World of Darkness to turn their attention to the Second Age of Man with the release of the third edition of the classic high fantasy RPG Exalted.
Taking place upon a flat world in the middle of a sea of pure chaos, Exalted sees players take on the role of legendary beings, favoured by the gods themselves. Drawing upon a diverse array of sources for inspiration, from world mythology to Japanese anime, Exalted differs from its original publisher, White Wolf’s, World of Darkness series by letting the player really let loose with their god given powers.
The new edition’s cover art appears to step away from the more anime-inspired style we have seen with the game previously. It also contains a lot of content. Here’s what Onyx Path have said we can expect to see:
- New Fiction – Read a new tale by original Exalted developer and author Geoff Grabowski.
- New Artwork – See the Realm in a new light with stunning artwork by both new and classic Exalted artists working under the direction of Maria Cabardo.
- Expanded Locales – Expand your campaigns with a detailed overview of the sprawling and decadent Second Age of Man. In addition to classic locales such as Chiaroscuro and Nexus, find many new locations not detailed in previous editions, from the treacherous intrigues of Port Calin to the proud warriors of the frigid plains and forests of Medo, held in check only by the iron hand of the Realm.
- Intrigue and Mystery – Discover a revitalized Realm, still standing at the brink of civil war, but more dangerous than ever before; and the Lunar dominions which harry its borders, seeking redress for ancient crimes while pursuing modern ambitions.
- Expanded Character Creation – Create and play Solar Exalted characters and compelling mortal heroes with more information and fleshed out details.
- Combat System – Fight with a new cinematic combat engine, primed to deliver dynamic, exciting, and easily resolved battles between heroes, gods, and armies.
- Charms – Explore a vibrant new Charm set encompassing both classic Solar powers from previous editions and all-new powers to shift the course of Creation.
- Onyx Path Publishing
With all this, it’s easy to see why the new edition is so large!
That’s quite the weighty tome. I wonder how many coffee tables that is going to wreck!
Did you ever play Exalted? What changes do you hope this edition has brought to the game?
"Exalted sees players take on the role of legendary beings, favoured by the gods themselves..."