July 10, 2015 by brennon
It’s finally here for you to download. Mantic’s Kings of War 2nd Edition is now available for Free Download which means you can get started with your mighty armies and begin a clash of arms on the battlefield…
It shouldn’t take you long to download and once you have it you’ll have something new to experiment with over the coming weekend. Can’t say better than that!
- Abyssal Dwarfs
- Kingdoms of Men
I think that I might have to finally get around to making that Ogre army I’ve always been interested in OR diving into finishing off the Undead one. Basically I have too many models just sitting there that could make for a good game of Kings of War. No excuse now!
Exclusive for Backstagers we also have a download of the Forces of the Abyss Rules and stats for you since they won’t be out until the 2nd Edition Rulebook comes out!
If you want to grab these for download and cause some panic on the tabletop with these demonic denizens then we aren’t going to stop you!
The PDF download above is free (and always will be) but that doesn’t mean your Kings of War experience stops there. In August the main 2nd Edition Rulebook will launch containing…
- Rules written by Alessio Cavatore (Warhammer 40,000, Bolt Action) and the Mantic Rules Committee. Kings of War is a game for gamers, by gamers.
- Compelling new background, art and photography that invoke a powerful realm of swords and sorcery.
- Elegant easy-to-learn rules, balanced and playtested by the community for casual and tournament play.
- New Magic Spells and Artefacts
- Eleven Force Lists upgraded with new units, including Forces of the Abyss, Forces of Nature, Undead, Dwarfs, Elves, Abyssal Dwarfs, Goblins, Orcs, Ogres, Basileans and the Kingdoms of Men.
Which means you’re going to be getting two more Factions for the battlefield and a whole host of background to immerse you in the world of Mantica.
Want To Learn More?
- Everything You Need To Know About Kings of War Part One
- Everything You Need To Know About Kings Of War Part Two
Conquering Kings Of War
So, with that all said and done we want to not only see your armies over on the forums but it would be fantastic for you to tell us how your games of Kings of War have gone over the coming weekend. We’d love to hear about the legendary clashes and (inevitable) funny moments that crop up.
"The PDF download above is free (and always will be) but that doesn’t mean your Kings of War experience stops there. In August the main 2nd Edition Rulebook will launch containing…"
"Inside the PDF you get the Core Rules for the game alongside not one, not two, but nine different factions"