July 13, 2016 by dignity
We’ve got quite the neat challenge for you to get stuck into over the Summer and a great chance for you to share and learn together as a community. We want YOU to…
Create Your Own Scatter Terrain
…and then share it with us here on Beasts of War so we can all find out more about the art of terrain making.
What Is Scatter Terrain?
Scatter Terrain is a core and flexible part of any gaming environment. Effectively it gives you loose terrain pieces which can be used to break up open areas of the table and provide cover from oncoming fire or maybe a place to set-up your defences during a melee.
If you want some ideas then you could think along the lines of Garbage, Police Blockades, Ruin Scree, Barrels, Boxes, Weapon Racks and more. The list of ideas is endless and these kind of terrain pieces can appear in all manner of genres.
How Does The Competition Work?
The competition will run from NOW (yes right now) until August 31st at 1:00pm (BST). We will begin our first reports on what people have been up to during the first week of August and announce winners on the Weekender after the competition closes in September.
To share your terrain we’re going to be opening up the Hobby Forums for you to create Projects which we will delve into and keep an eye on throughout the competition. Some tips for you…
- Pick a good Descriptive Name for your Forum Topic (or Project Log – Our Team will also be keeping the names tidy etc to make them easy to find)
- Post plenty of pics of sketches, materials etc
- Enjoy posting and answering questions – everyone loves terrain!
Who is going to be the team behind this I hear you ask…
…well, we have a great bunch of folks helping out in that regard.
Quite an esteemed list of judges I think you’ll agree!
At the end of it all we’ll also be awarding prizes, which include £50 gift vouchers redeemable at 4Ground so you can win based on…
- Best Scatter Terrain Idea (Best use of items, versatility of the terrain etc)
- Best Project Log in the Forums (Best and most instructive project log in the forums)
- Best Executed Entry (Technical and Execution Excellence – it must look amazing)
- Best Entry From a Junior Beast! (Open to those under the age of 16)
Remember it’s all for fun, sharing of ideas and learning together – prizes are just the sprinkle on top!
What are you waiting for? Get involved!