August 17, 2015 by stvitusdancern
Battlefront has been widening their ranges and now they are set to release a new book for their The Great War series with a seventy two page book that covers the battles of 1918.
There were many changes happening during this late period of the “War to end all wars” especially the shifting of German manpower in a push to defeat the allies before the United States was able to bring full bore their resources. Their was also developments in tank warfare that were rapidly changing how battles were fought. This book covers items such as:
- Great War History.
- History of the Battle of Villers-Bretonneux, Battle of Soissons, and the Meuse-Argonne Offensive.
- Flames Of War Great War rules for fighting the battles of 1918.
- Options to field German Infanterie and Stoss companies with supporting A7V panzers in the offensives of 1918.
- Field a British Rifle Company and stop the German offensives, or go on the attack supported by the Army’s great new war machines: Mark IV, Mark V and Whippet tanks.
- Field a French Colonial or Metropolitan Companie de Fusiliers as they drive the Germans from France with the aid of their Schnieder CA.1 and Char Saint Chamond heavy tanks, as well as the nimble FT-17 light tank.
- Field an American Rifle Company with French tanks, British tanks, or your own American FT-17 tanks in support.
- History of how tanks were developed.
- Six Great War missions and mission rules.
- Inspirational painting guides and colour photos.
Some including myself have wondered what had happened to this range from Battlefront as we had not seen many new developments in quite some time. It is nice to see that they are continuing to give some attention to this all important time period that it justly deserves. Look for this book in stores and online in September of this year.
Does WWI deserve more attention?
"There were many changes happening during this late period of the "War to end all wars"..."