40k Charted: The Aftermath & Cons...
AdeptiCon 2017 Live Blog – Day F...
Weekender XLBS: The Daring Raid Of St ...
AdeptiCon 2017 Live Blog – Day T...
Weekender: Dive Into Drowned Earth ...
Community Spotlight: Fresh Water Chall...
December 14, 2012 by warzan
Video Sponsors: Wayland Games – Mercs
Matt has some thoughts on how to get the most out of your defensive fire and what to look out for when making an assault with your infantry in Flames of War.
Isn’t defensive fire conducted AFTER the attacker has moved into contact?
Also only defenders within 8″ of the assault may defensive fire, not 16″, see page 151 of the rules
i really don’t know how they get so many errors rule wise, with the most well written Rulebook. Here’s what i’ve seen: 1. M10′s only have AA .50cal, so just 3 shots. And you can’t shoot the main gun against infantry in defensive fire. 2. You “defensive fire” after the attacker moves, so, that second tank destroyer would have shot. 3. you mesure the 8″ radius for defensive fire AFTER the asaulting teams have moved. 4. Non asaulting teams do not recieve shots from defensive fire. 5. those tank destroyers would have rolled for dificult terrain when retreating (crossing a hedge) 6. You can move as to be within 2″ of the assaulted teams. They would then have to retreat to be more than 2″ from you, or be destroyed. That would have been a smart move, since you said this was the las turn to grab the objective, and right now, they are already contesting it. So the battle is lost.
1) true 2) true but a lot of people I know figure the fire at that point with out actually doing the move in case they have to move them all back 3) true but same as 2 4) true but they can only hit assaulting teams within 8″ of each firing team anyway 5) true 6) not quite sure what you meant here
I watched it again and on:
1) his mistake was he thought the M-10 had a hull mounted MG which they dont as you pointed out
2) I think his mistake here was moving to the right instead of straight to the side of the first TD. If he had done that the second TD would not have been able to fire.
5) actually it looks like there was a gap in the hedge where he moved back through
6) he said he fell back to be in a defensible location for the next turn so I am not sure that was the last turn
Create an Account Click Here Why Create an Account on Beasts of War
Dark Age March Releases Hit With The Mighty Goliath
Crooked Dice Gather Their Female Minions Coming To Salute 2017
Take Aim With World War II Australians By Eureka Miniatures
Throw A Hail Mary Pass With The Blood Bowl Troll
Daring Aussies & Japanese Soldiers On The Way For Bolt Action
MaxMini Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Hogs Of War
Plastic Dark Age Archers Coming To Salute From Gripping Beast
Hasslefree’s Warrior Women Wrap Up Warm For Winter
The Gestir Captain Stomps Into Godslayer For The Nordgaard
The Totally Illegal Dwarf Deathroller Churns Into Blood Bowl
Venetian Casas Are Under Construction By TTCombat
Perchang To Work On Upcoming Warhammer Quest II: End Times App
New Infinity Buildings On The Way From Warsenal This Weekend
Burn & Loot: Wrath Of The Northmen Coming From FireForge
Tabletop Art Fashion Obelisks Of An Ancient Race
Bad Squiddo Games Tease Mounted Shieldmaidens Soon!
Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square
News & Rumors
Hobby & Painting Town Square
Flames of War
Historical Gamer Town Square
Backstage – Green Room
Infinity General Discussion