Infinity Sneak Peek: PanOceania Order ...
A New Apprentice...
Relic Knights Week: Meet The Factions ...
3 Colours Up: Painting Calico Kate –...
December 14, 2012 by warzan
Video Sponsors: Wayland Games – Mercs
Matt has some thoughts on how to get the most out of your defensive fire and what to look out for when making an assault with your infantry in Flames of War.
Isn’t defensive fire conducted AFTER the attacker has moved into contact?
Also only defenders within 8″ of the assault may defensive fire, not 16″, see page 151 of the rules
i really don’t know how they get so many errors rule wise, with the most well written Rulebook. Here’s what i’ve seen: 1. M10′s only have AA .50cal, so just 3 shots. And you can’t shoot the main gun against infantry in defensive fire. 2. You “defensive fire” after the attacker moves, so, that second tank destroyer would have shot. 3. you mesure the 8″ radius for defensive fire AFTER the asaulting teams have moved. 4. Non asaulting teams do not recieve shots from defensive fire. 5. those tank destroyers would have rolled for dificult terrain when retreating (crossing a hedge) 6. You can move as to be within 2″ of the assaulted teams. They would then have to retreat to be more than 2″ from you, or be destroyed. That would have been a smart move, since you said this was the las turn to grab the objective, and right now, they are already contesting it. So the battle is lost.
1) true 2) true but a lot of people I know figure the fire at that point with out actually doing the move in case they have to move them all back 3) true but same as 2 4) true but they can only hit assaulting teams within 8″ of each firing team anyway 5) true 6) not quite sure what you meant here
I watched it again and on:
1) his mistake was he thought the M-10 had a hull mounted MG which they dont as you pointed out
2) I think his mistake here was moving to the right instead of straight to the side of the first TD. If he had done that the second TD would not have been able to fire.
5) actually it looks like there was a gap in the hedge where he moved back through
6) he said he fell back to be in a defensible location for the next turn so I am not sure that was the last turn
Create an Account Click Here Why Create an Account on Beasts of War
Terrible Kids Stuff Shows Off First Release For 2017
Elite Dangerous Role-Playing Game Now On Kickstarter
Three New Dwarfs Take Their Horny Hats To Scibor
Play As The Baddies In The ORCQUEST Kickstarter From Maze Games
January Welcomes The C.O.R.E & More Shadow Caste To Dark Age
Multiverse Gaming Adds More Gritty City Details To Their Versatiles Range
Empress Miniatures Now Selling 1898 Spanish Range
Thamos Sends His Tentacles Writhing Into The World Of Relics
Home Raiders Return As TTCombat Bring Back The Starter Box
The Forces Of The Gauls Finalised By Victrix For Ancient Warfare
Val’Zarius The Demon Is Summoned Forth From MOMMiniaturas!
The House Hollister First Sons Are Looking Flash From Onslaught
Tzeentch’s Minions Grow In Number With Age Of Sigmar Preview!
Exclusive Bombshell Mini For Geek Nation Adepticon Attendees
Paranoid Miniatures Ushers In The New Year With Mythos Updates
Loads Of Malifaux & More At Adepticon This Year
Hobby & Painting Town Square
Backstage – Green Room
Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square
Historical Gamer Town Square