Weekender: Age Of Sigmar Campaign Impr...
What’s Inside? Age Of Sigmar ...
Time of Legends: Joan of Arc with Leo ...
Community Spotlight: Ogres, Roman Sold...
Team Yankee: Fires...00 : 00 : 00 : 00
Warmachine 75 Points Game – Khador V...
December 14, 2012 by warzan
Video Sponsors: Wayland Games – Mercs
Matt has some thoughts on how to get the most out of your defensive fire and what to look out for when making an assault with your infantry in Flames of War.
Isn’t defensive fire conducted AFTER the attacker has moved into contact?
Also only defenders within 8″ of the assault may defensive fire, not 16″, see page 151 of the rules
i really don’t know how they get so many errors rule wise, with the most well written Rulebook. Here’s what i’ve seen: 1. M10′s only have AA .50cal, so just 3 shots. And you can’t shoot the main gun against infantry in defensive fire. 2. You “defensive fire” after the attacker moves, so, that second tank destroyer would have shot. 3. you mesure the 8″ radius for defensive fire AFTER the asaulting teams have moved. 4. Non asaulting teams do not recieve shots from defensive fire. 5. those tank destroyers would have rolled for dificult terrain when retreating (crossing a hedge) 6. You can move as to be within 2″ of the assaulted teams. They would then have to retreat to be more than 2″ from you, or be destroyed. That would have been a smart move, since you said this was the las turn to grab the objective, and right now, they are already contesting it. So the battle is lost.
1) true 2) true but a lot of people I know figure the fire at that point with out actually doing the move in case they have to move them all back 3) true but same as 2 4) true but they can only hit assaulting teams within 8″ of each firing team anyway 5) true 6) not quite sure what you meant here
I watched it again and on:
1) his mistake was he thought the M-10 had a hull mounted MG which they dont as you pointed out
2) I think his mistake here was moving to the right instead of straight to the side of the first TD. If he had done that the second TD would not have been able to fire.
5) actually it looks like there was a gap in the hedge where he moved back through
6) he said he fell back to be in a defensible location for the next turn so I am not sure that was the last turn
Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Create an Account Click Here Why Create an Account on Beasts of War
Company Of Iron Releases October 25th From Privateer Press
Check Out Retro Role-Playing In Forbidden Lands
TTCombat Start Building A Relics Tower
Half Moon Bay Shows Off New Warhammer 40K Merchandise
8 Projects This Week
Projects From Last Week
Projects From Two Weeks Ago
Trencher Themed Force & More Battle On In Warmachine
Antediluvian Sculpt Up A Leaping Laelaps Dinosaur
Get A Sneak Peek At The Infernal Investigators Of Wild West Exodus
MaxMini Waste No Time Releasing Their Wastelander Bust
The American Big Guns Lock & Load For Flames Of War 4th Edition
Warploque Get Metal With The Grave King
Crooked Dice Provide Post-Apocalypse Ready Weapons
More Terrain Previews For Micro Art Studio’s Kickstarter
Menoth & Cygnar Leaders Coming To Warmachine In October
Battle For Mars With New PWORK Gaming Mat
Zevanna Agha Casts Her Spells For Hordes’ Grymkin Soon
The Fallschirm RSO Laserkanone Goes Tank Hunting In DUST
Hobby & Painting Town Square
Historical Gamer Town Square
Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square
Backstage – Green Room
Fantasy Gamer Town Square
News & Rumors