3 Colours Up: Painting Freehand Ivy...
Hot New October 2016 Releases For Infi...
Dawn Of The Dark Age: How To Run A Bea...
Dawn Of The Dark Age XLBS: Everything ...
Q&A Time! Gnomes & Associate...
Drop Tactics: The Shaltari Leopard Sta...
December 14, 2012 by warzan
Video Sponsors: Wayland Games – Mercs
Matt has some thoughts on how to get the most out of your defensive fire and what to look out for when making an assault with your infantry in Flames of War.
Isn’t defensive fire conducted AFTER the attacker has moved into contact?
Also only defenders within 8″ of the assault may defensive fire, not 16″, see page 151 of the rules
i really don’t know how they get so many errors rule wise, with the most well written Rulebook. Here’s what i’ve seen: 1. M10′s only have AA .50cal, so just 3 shots. And you can’t shoot the main gun against infantry in defensive fire. 2. You “defensive fire” after the attacker moves, so, that second tank destroyer would have shot. 3. you mesure the 8″ radius for defensive fire AFTER the asaulting teams have moved. 4. Non asaulting teams do not recieve shots from defensive fire. 5. those tank destroyers would have rolled for dificult terrain when retreating (crossing a hedge) 6. You can move as to be within 2″ of the assaulted teams. They would then have to retreat to be more than 2″ from you, or be destroyed. That would have been a smart move, since you said this was the las turn to grab the objective, and right now, they are already contesting it. So the battle is lost.
1) true 2) true but a lot of people I know figure the fire at that point with out actually doing the move in case they have to move them all back 3) true but same as 2 4) true but they can only hit assaulting teams within 8″ of each firing team anyway 5) true 6) not quite sure what you meant here
I watched it again and on:
1) his mistake was he thought the M-10 had a hull mounted MG which they dont as you pointed out
2) I think his mistake here was moving to the right instead of straight to the side of the first TD. If he had done that the second TD would not have been able to fire.
5) actually it looks like there was a gap in the hedge where he moved back through
6) he said he fell back to be in a defensible location for the next turn so I am not sure that was the last turn
Create an Account Click Here Why Create an Account on Beasts of War
Open The Arrival Bay For Battle Systems Sci-Fi Kickstarter
A Dashing Rogue & Fools Hit The Table From Studio Miniatures
Delve Into More Of Studio Tomahawks Arthurian SAGA
Fortify Your RUST Camp With A Bunker From Impudent Mortal’s KS
Teams, Dice, Boards and More Get Released For Slaughterball
Modiphius Seeks Kung Fu Panda Masters For Playtesting
Ouroboros Has Hypo Of Fey Ready For Pre-release Ahead Of Kickstarter
More Animal Warriors Coming Soon From Flytrap Factory
Warbases Crafts A Fantastic Roman Villa
Prepare For The Butcher’s Civil War In Guild Ball
A Wizard & Apprentice Go Adventuring With MoMMiniaturas
The Shark Warrior Emerges From The Depths For RelicBlade
Printable Scenery Is Going On A Rampage On Indiegogo
Mow Down Mutants With Brother Vinni’s Veteran Chaingunner
Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker Arrives In Imperial Assault From FFG
Impudent Mortal Adds New Mat Options To Their RUST Kickstarter
Hobby & Painting Town Square
Pulp Punk Horror & Weird Gamer Town Square
Warhammer Fantasy General Discussion
Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square
Fantasy Gamer Town Square