Community Spotlight: A Fiery Dropzone ...
Wild West Exodus: BETA Edition & ...
Let’s Play: Wild West Exodus ...
3 Colours Up: Painting Freehand Imperi...
Relic Knights Quest: From Questing Kni...
December 14, 2012 by warzan
Video Sponsors: Wayland Games – Mercs
Matt has some thoughts on how to get the most out of your defensive fire and what to look out for when making an assault with your infantry in Flames of War.
Isn’t defensive fire conducted AFTER the attacker has moved into contact?
Also only defenders within 8″ of the assault may defensive fire, not 16″, see page 151 of the rules
i really don’t know how they get so many errors rule wise, with the most well written Rulebook. Here’s what i’ve seen: 1. M10′s only have AA .50cal, so just 3 shots. And you can’t shoot the main gun against infantry in defensive fire. 2. You “defensive fire” after the attacker moves, so, that second tank destroyer would have shot. 3. you mesure the 8″ radius for defensive fire AFTER the asaulting teams have moved. 4. Non asaulting teams do not recieve shots from defensive fire. 5. those tank destroyers would have rolled for dificult terrain when retreating (crossing a hedge) 6. You can move as to be within 2″ of the assaulted teams. They would then have to retreat to be more than 2″ from you, or be destroyed. That would have been a smart move, since you said this was the las turn to grab the objective, and right now, they are already contesting it. So the battle is lost.
1) true 2) true but a lot of people I know figure the fire at that point with out actually doing the move in case they have to move them all back 3) true but same as 2 4) true but they can only hit assaulting teams within 8″ of each firing team anyway 5) true 6) not quite sure what you meant here
I watched it again and on:
1) his mistake was he thought the M-10 had a hull mounted MG which they dont as you pointed out
2) I think his mistake here was moving to the right instead of straight to the side of the first TD. If he had done that the second TD would not have been able to fire.
5) actually it looks like there was a gap in the hedge where he moved back through
6) he said he fell back to be in a defensible location for the next turn so I am not sure that was the last turn
Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Create an Account Click Here Why Create an Account on Beasts of War
Tabletop World Shows Off A Lovely Cottage & Stone Bridge
Macrocosm’s Cut’u Pirate Miniatures Arrrrrr On Kickstarter
Devil Pig Games Announce New 40K Board Game, Heroes Of Black Reach
Wood Axe Summon The Dwarven Throng With New Hornblower
Boris Woloszyn Sculpts Up A Mighty HeroQuest Diorama
Hysterical’s Orc Warlord Churg-ill Sticks It To The Enemy
What Fantasty Terrain Escenorama Has Been Tinkering Away On?
Battle On Scenic Prospero Alongside Amon With Forge World
Exclusive Look At New Modiphius Star Trek Adventures RPG Miniatures!
Step Back In History & Assassinate Targets With Flytrap Factory
New Edition Of Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play Confirmed By Cubicle 7
Angels, Hydras & Dragons…Oh My! MTG Iconic Masters 11/17
Superman Faces A Rogues Gallery Of His Foes From Knight Models
Napoleon Saga Marches Into Kickstarter From Oeuf Cube Editions
TTCombat Begin Carnevale Miniatures Game Beta Testing
Scibor Set Off In A Fabulous Dwarven Flying Machine
Laser Cutting Operative Evening Shift [4Ground]
Hobby & Painting Town Square
News & Rumors
40K General Discussion
Historical Gamer Town Square
Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square