Infinity Beyond Ice Storm: Nomads Vs P...
3 Colours Up: Repairing Damaged Paint...
3 Colours Up: Painting Hordes’ Minio...
Infinity Beyond Week: Beyond Icestorm ...
Hawk Wargames: Dropfleet Command Card ...
December 14, 2012 by warzan
Video Sponsors: Wayland Games – Mercs
Matt has some thoughts on how to get the most out of your defensive fire and what to look out for when making an assault with your infantry in Flames of War.
Isn’t defensive fire conducted AFTER the attacker has moved into contact?
Also only defenders within 8″ of the assault may defensive fire, not 16″, see page 151 of the rules
i really don’t know how they get so many errors rule wise, with the most well written Rulebook. Here’s what i’ve seen: 1. M10′s only have AA .50cal, so just 3 shots. And you can’t shoot the main gun against infantry in defensive fire. 2. You “defensive fire” after the attacker moves, so, that second tank destroyer would have shot. 3. you mesure the 8″ radius for defensive fire AFTER the asaulting teams have moved. 4. Non asaulting teams do not recieve shots from defensive fire. 5. those tank destroyers would have rolled for dificult terrain when retreating (crossing a hedge) 6. You can move as to be within 2″ of the assaulted teams. They would then have to retreat to be more than 2″ from you, or be destroyed. That would have been a smart move, since you said this was the las turn to grab the objective, and right now, they are already contesting it. So the battle is lost.
1) true 2) true but a lot of people I know figure the fire at that point with out actually doing the move in case they have to move them all back 3) true but same as 2 4) true but they can only hit assaulting teams within 8″ of each firing team anyway 5) true 6) not quite sure what you meant here
I watched it again and on:
1) his mistake was he thought the M-10 had a hull mounted MG which they dont as you pointed out
2) I think his mistake here was moving to the right instead of straight to the side of the first TD. If he had done that the second TD would not have been able to fire.
5) actually it looks like there was a gap in the hedge where he moved back through
6) he said he fell back to be in a defensible location for the next turn so I am not sure that was the last turn
Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Create an Account Click Here Why Create an Account on Beasts of War
The Soviets Get An Update In Team Yankee With Red Thunder
LITKO Show Off Impressive New Warhammer 40K Accessories
Head To New Guinea With Warlord’s Next Bolt Action Supplement
Reaper Miniatures’ Fire Demon Coming To Bones 4 Kickstarter
24 Projects This Week
41 Projects Last Week
48 Projects Two Weeks Ago
WizKids Welcome New Young Adventurer Models For RPG Gaming!
Check Out The Teaser Trailer For Manorhouse’s New Terrain
Games & Gears Show Off The Legendary Monster Series At Gen Con
Crooked Dice Show Off New Scooter Riding Hooligans
Privateer Press Lock & Load Keynote Available & A Catch-Up!
Go In Style With ZEN Terrain’s New Suicide Booth
10mm Barbarian Come Stormin’ Forth From Spellcrow
Three Monstrous Expansions Join The Lotus Swarm of Runewars
Bandua Show Off Fatma’s Tear, An Infinity Interplanetary Terrain Bundle
A Sly Guild Investigator Is On The Way For Malifaux
The Carnage Of Carnevale Gets Funded On Kickstarter
Stone Lion Statues Flank MoMMiniaturas
Hobby & Painting Town Square
News & Rumors
Fantasy Gamer Town Square