November 3, 2015 by brennon
That didn’t take long did it. We’ve seen the first images from the Betrayal At Calth game which will form the beginning of the new Horus Heresy plastic range by Games Workshop to tell the tales that made Warhammer 40,000 what it is…
- Game uses custom dice with Hits, Critical Hits and Misses (Blanks) – you generate a pool of dice based on a unit and then fire. Critical Hit (in an example case) negates the enemies armour save from a Melta Gun.
- Each unit has two actions per activation. You flip it over after the first and then remove it after the second
- One activation choice is ‘Run’ allowing you to move two hexes (game is hex based)
- Defence Dice rolled are made better by Cover
- Small squad based scenarios driven by custom dice and card mechanics
Update: More images have also now arrived showing off the kit in more detail including the book, cards, custom dice and the sprues. You can see the new images HERE.
New images from War Of Sigmar
Some more images have dropped HERE showing off the contents in full and painted up as well as a run down of the characters involved…
The leaks which you can see HERE show both the Word Bearers and the Ultramarines in more detail and the first glimpse of how exactly the game is packaged. It looks like it’s going to be using an Execution Force style board game system where you have tiles and cards for the different troopers.
Content-wise the game should have…
- 30x Tactical Marines In MK IV Armour
- 5x Cataphractii Terminators
- Contemptor with Lascannon and CCW
…which falls in line with what we were seeing on the sprues earlier in the year. According to the sites that leaked this it won’t be a limited release box and will be supported further down the line by Games Workshop. How long that’s going to last, we’ll have to wait and see.
What do you think of what we can see so far?
"It looks like it's going to be using an Execution Force style board game system where you have tiles and cards for the different troopers..."