November 5, 2014 by brennon
The card game from Kedric Winks, Ghost Hunter, has now been funded on Kickstarter and they can begin to start looking at stretch goals with still twenty five days to go! The total was modest and the project is now most certainly a go…
Ghost Hunter is a card game for between two and seven players and has you trying to capture ghosts using particular combinations of cards in your hand. Once one player has run out of cards you end up totting up the captured ghosts and the person with the highest score winds. However, any uncaptured ghosts will end up counting as minus points.
Kedric has been playtesting the game and if you’d like a simple breakdown here you go…
- The rules are simple but the strategies are complex.
- Skill and luck both play key roles.
- It pays to get rid of your cards and end the game.
- However victory is never assured until the scores are counted.
- Plays like Palace, but with card capturing and a scoring system.
- Classic playing card layout with Victorian animae characters and folklore spooks.
…so it sounds like the perfect game to play with a bunch of snacks and a few drinks!
One of the cards that has been shown off however is the Hoax which is a bit of a weight around the ankle for anyone who ends up getting it in their hand. They count as zero score and will just sit there ready to give you minus points! Maybe you can palm it off to someone though?
If you’re looking for a quick game by the mind behind LocaliZED (download it HERE) then consider going over and checking it out.
What do you think of the game?