Beasts of War Homepage

Support The Battle Systems™ Fantasy Dungeon Terrain Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Group Mods

Dark Angels

Public Group active 4 days, 14 hours ago

The Dark Angels have the honour of being the first Legion created by The Emperor.

Space marine weaponry release hmmm? (7 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image chadeptus223p said 1 year ago:

Does anyone feel that the access to weaponry in the Dark Angel book compared to the Universal Space marines book…….slightly unfair lol

GW don’t like Dark Angels :-(

Relying on luck is foolish – Taking the best chance is wise
    Have Patience – Victory will find you
  • Avatar Image captainbastardo275p said 1 year ago:

Hey look on the bright side, if DA take the ne Centurion troops as allies they can make them worth taking by sticking them next to Azrael and giving the whole squad a 4+ invulnerable save.

• Avatar Image spacefrisian112p said 1 year ago:

Another reason why i would like to see all marine chapters in one dex. The next marine dex will always have better toys than the previous one because they are from a different chapter.

• Avatar Image jay188262p said 1 year ago:

Not seen the DA codex but maybe its because the standard SM dex covers thousands of chapters rather than just one like the DA dex and so has larger variety of different weapons as a result, but as captainbastardo2 says DA players can always take them as allies, even the much loved Centurion, lol.

• Avatar Image chadeptus223p said 1 year ago:

They could do, but would an SM player take DA as allies…nah lol

I only moan a little bit because if you look at the BA, SM and SW codex they have so much more depth.

It was like they gave the codex to most boring man in GW

@Captainbastardo2 I did think of that but then I thought of a deathray or vindicator shell would sort out lol

• Avatar Image poosh1443p said 1 year ago:

To be fair DA get their own flyer and silly super landspeeder

And they get a quite tasty special variant of Terminator.

• Avatar Image slowhandgreg47p said 1 year ago:

I’ve only started on Dark Angels this June for the main reason of wanting to play a completely different style and wanted a fast flexible army which drew me to the Ravenwing

if your playing Tactical squads with DA then there are a few nuggets out there as well as standard kit but our fliers are nothing to write home about and the Land Raider is sooooo expensive its unbelievable.

But lets be fair here you can field a ridiculous amount of Plasma and Melta, if I take Sammael to make Bikers troops then you’ve a whole army of scoring units. Bike squads of 3 can get 2 plasma or 2 melta guns + an attack bike with Multi-Melta + they get Scout (includes outflank) the Sgt can take a combi weapon 6 bikes then chuck in a Land Speeder.

I 1st thought Ravenwing Command/Black Knights wouldn’t be worth it but they tend to get their points back and some most games S5 Rending in combat is a real bonus for attacking Vehicles and again Scout Outflank skilled rider + the twin linked Plasma Talon & everyone gets beacons as standard for the Deathwing or Land speeders to drop in on them.

Anyways there’s no poncing around with either Deathwing or Ravenwing there both go for the jugular styles of armies