Beasts of War | Groups | Fantasy Gamer Town Square | Forum | Calling all Wrath of Kings Fans in the UK!

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The 12 Realms - Dungeonland Kickstarter Coming Soon - Click Here

Group Admins

Fantasy Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 1 day, 8 hours ago

General Fantasy Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything fantasy and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Fantasy, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Calling all Wrath of Kings Fans in the UK! (26 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image jonhay180p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Hello, folks!

What with the increased interest in WOK here at the moment, I thought it might be a good opportunity for us to try and drum up a little more support for the game over here in the UK- CMON themselves have recently asked fans to register their interest with our FLGS’ and distributors/sellers over here. Maybe if enough of us pester the likes of Wayland et al, we might be able to get our hands on shiny new WOK stuff much more easily and so hopefully grow the game’s community over here- every little helps, as they say!..

Cheers!

• Avatar Image gazky140p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

It would be nice to get the newer stuff here. That new celestial box is a must buy for me.

• Avatar Image faeriedragon33p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Only place I’ve seen even listing some of the new stuff is element games and they don’t have the celestials but they do have some awesome looking new werewolves. Anyone know of any stores that actually play WoK?

• Avatar Image redben6830p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Is anyone planning on going to the UK Nationals at Element in May?

• Avatar Image emptynessisform707p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

element put on so many big events and their right round the corner from me, but they seem to have a knack for doing it with just about every game except the ones I play.

• Avatar Image wispa14p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

I sent an email to Element Game to see if they plan to stock the Rising Conflicts stuff. If I get a reply I’ll share it.
    Wayland use to carry WoK but they’ve got rid of almost all trace of it I think now, I half suspect for WWX stuff ( which I’m not gonna complain about ).

• Avatar Image mage3773p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Based in ROI but want to get into this game, have been eyeing it up since the Kickstarter

Got a helpful reply from Element Games which sounds like they hope to carry new stock, sure they don’t mind me sharing it…

“At present, we have not yet been informed by the manufacturer or our suppliers about any definitive dates as to when we will receive these sets for sale in retail stores. For now I would keep all eyes peeled for our social media updates and stock levels on our website. As soon as we receive word, we will do our best to let our customers know the descriptions, prices, availability and estimated dates of dispatch.

So fingers crossed

Really glad that element are going to keep supporting WoK as at least we have somewhere that we can possibly get mini’s without having to import them.

Just a further update to say I noticed this on the WrathofKings site today …

For our UK and European fans, we are still working hard to get a UK distributor. We suggest you get your local store to contact their favourite UK-based distributor so that we can show these guys that there is a growing demand in your part of the world!

• Avatar Image avernos589p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

unfortunately two distributors picked up WoK a few months after it’s release but then after being hounded on facepage to get the stock they had the devils own time finding stores to stock it from them.
    I think it may be a case of once bitten on finding another distribution point in the UK as no one wants thousands of pounds tied up in dead stock they can’t ship.
    Hidengeek.com still have some bits but you’d be wise to email them as a few things that are listed as having stock are in fact sold out.

Sophia LIVES!!!

Wargamers are like smokers, get them hooked young and they’re yours for life!

• Avatar Image mage3773p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Seems like the whole kickstarer success vs real world business and demand/supply thing not quite syncing up

Annoyingly in other countries it has a good following and local stores are carrying it.
    It just seems to have been the distribution pathways weren’t set up in advance here and because of that it’s fallen flat.
    I know one other kickstarter backer about 8km from me who got shot of his stuff because there was no where for people to buy it to play against him, and I only met him about two weeks later.
    With this 2nd edition and starter set I really hope that it gets a proper push this time around, most people are coming across it here for the first time.

@mage said:
    Seems like the whole kickstarer success vs real world business and demand/supply thing not quite syncing up

I feel that in the U.K. At least with this new edition the whole game needs a proper relaunch to actually pull in new people, also it may help people realize that even though rising conflicts is technically called book 2 it’s just the original book with errata and new models that aren’t released yet.

I do feel what’s been said above about stores worrying about being left with “dead stock” is why they aren’t buying it in. Shame really as it could fill a niche in the market for a cheaper game to get into with a more cartoony feel to the models.

I do feel there needs to be a big marketing push for it over here though and I do feel that this week on here has at least made people realize the game still exists.

@faeriedragon said:
    I feel that in the U.K. At least with this new edition the whole game needs a proper relaunch to actually pull in new people, also it may help people realize that even though rising conflicts is technically called book 2 it’s just the original book with errata and new models that aren’t released yet.

I do feel what’s been said above about stores worrying about being left with “dead stock” is why they aren’t buying it in. Shame really as it could fill a niche in the market for a cheaper game to get into with a more cartoony feel to the models.

I do feel there needs to be a big marketing push for it over here though and I do feel that this week on here has at least made people realize the game still exists.

I’m with you on that, I will say one thing, the book is called book 2 because it advances the story and introduces new characters and therefore new miniatures as well.
    So while the rules are just errata’ed and FAQ’ed it is a new book but if you want the whole book 1 rules and all, are available on the Wrath of Kings website, as are the faction cards.
    So people can check out the full story and game.