Beasts of War | Groups | Fantasy Gamer Town Square | Forum | Duster’s Frostgrave!

Beasts of War Homepage

Infinity Beyond Packs, Pre-Orders Start Monday July 24th - Click Here

Group Admins

Fantasy Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 12 hours, 26 minutes ago

General Fantasy Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything fantasy and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Fantasy, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Duster’s Frostgrave! (5 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image duster132p said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

Well, it finally happened, my first painting blog on BOW! I decided to post a blog to keep myself on track with painting my Frostgrave stuff.

I’ll start with my first 3 barbarian warriors: a simple archer, a custom made javelineer (had 25 barbarians thanks to a nickstarter, so why buy a metal one!) and a thief.

Painted them using mostly the Army Painter method, the “dip” part was “painted” on since i still have 2 drop bottles to finish ;) . After the archer, i decided to add highlights for the other two and attempt to do eyes, something i rarely do out of fear of botching them but, i must admit i like the result on them!

So, i’ll try to post regular updates, either of my warband, Frostgrave monsters or some small scenery pieces.

See you later beasties!

barbarian-javeleneer-1b.jpg
    barbarian-archer-11.jpg
    barbarian-thief-1.jpg
    barbarian-javeleneer-1a.jpg
  • Avatar Image georgesealy71p said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

Looks nice and clean, good work! Just a couple of thoughts:

- are you going to put a highlight on the archer’s head? It’s crying out for a bit of shine :)
    - is that the final basing? If so, then a quick wash / dry brush to bring out the detail would work wonders.

Looking forward to seeing more…

Current project log: Wood Elves and Skaven
  • Avatar Image duster132p said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

Thanks @georgesealy

Yeah, i get you with the archer, unfortunatly he is now sealed… I intended to make him a simple job (as for the rest of the warband) and i also completly forgot to finish the base before i sealed it. After i realised the goof i made with the base and really watch the archer i decided to put a bit more work for the rest of the gang (and double check the bases ;) ).
    Fortunatly, i have a few more archers to go!

• Avatar Image mage4302p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Looking good so far. Reminds me of Middenheimers from Mordheim

• Avatar Image duster132p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Thanks @mage and yeah, they kinda do.

Here’s a quick WIP for my next 3.

wip8.jpg