Beasts of War | Groups | Fantasy Gamer Town Square | Forum | Duster’s Frostgrave!

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the War is Coming: Warmaidens & Dragonbreds Kickstarter Campagin - Click Here

Group Admins

Fantasy Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 1 hour, 41 minutes ago

General Fantasy Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything fantasy and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Fantasy, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Duster’s Frostgrave! (9 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image duster160p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Well, it finally happened, my first painting blog on BOW! I decided to post a blog to keep myself on track with painting my Frostgrave stuff.

I’ll start with my first 3 barbarian warriors: a simple archer, a custom made javelineer (had 25 barbarians thanks to a nickstarter, so why buy a metal one!) and a thief.

Painted them using mostly the Army Painter method, the “dip” part was “painted” on since i still have 2 drop bottles to finish ;) . After the archer, i decided to add highlights for the other two and attempt to do eyes, something i rarely do out of fear of botching them but, i must admit i like the result on them!

So, i’ll try to post regular updates, either of my warband, Frostgrave monsters or some small scenery pieces.

See you later beasties!

barbarian-javeleneer-1b.jpg
    barbarian-archer-11.jpg
    barbarian-thief-1.jpg
    barbarian-javeleneer-1a.jpg
  • Avatar Image georgesealy105p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks nice and clean, good work! Just a couple of thoughts:

- are you going to put a highlight on the archer’s head? It’s crying out for a bit of shine :)
    - is that the final basing? If so, then a quick wash / dry brush to bring out the detail would work wonders.

Looking forward to seeing more…

Current project log: Wood Elves and Skaven
  • Avatar Image duster160p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks @georgesealy

Yeah, i get you with the archer, unfortunatly he is now sealed… I intended to make him a simple job (as for the rest of the warband) and i also completly forgot to finish the base before i sealed it. After i realised the goof i made with the base and really watch the archer i decided to put a bit more work for the rest of the gang (and double check the bases ;) ).
    Fortunatly, i have a few more archers to go!

• Avatar Image mage4765p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Looking good so far. Reminds me of Middenheimers from Mordheim

• Avatar Image duster160p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks @mage and yeah, they kinda do.

Here’s a quick WIP for my next 3.

wip8.jpg
  • Avatar Image duster160p said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Finally some new stuff! Got stuck a bit on 2 of my models so, i’ve put them asside for a bit and painted some scenery…
    This is my ranger and the first of my warband to sport some facial paint/tatoo. It’s quite a simple thing, but i’ll try some new things for the next ones.
    After that, i’ve done one of the Red Herrings for the “Ulterior Motives” option and as a statue, it can be usefull in every game ;) i went for a less worn out look on this one, as if it’s under a protective spell or something…
    The next statue is a Reaper Bones 3, from the Graveyard Expansion i got with my KS. I painted this one more worn out and i plan to add some green flock in the future when i do a lot flocking (i don’t like to flock one or two minis at a time…) and eventually finish the Graveyard set to make a full graveyard along with some other pieces from GW to game on a full graveyard map!

I’ll be trying to finish my two other guys from my WIP post along another scenery or maybe my “kitbashed’ barbarian apprentice!

ranger-front.jpg
    ranger-upclose.jpg
    ranger-back.jpg
    red-herrings-front.jpg
    red-herrings-back.jpg
    bones-3-statue.jpg
  • Avatar Image beardragon141500p said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent job sir …. you should be well chuffed with your efforts

Likes: KoW, DS, DB, DZ, WP, AoS, LotR/H, BB, BtGoA, K47, GB, WM/H, AW and acronyms :-)
    Also likes: Dwarfs, Beer, Family, Good Friends, and Women with no taste in Men (thank god for them)
  • Avatar Image duster160p said 2 days, 9 hours ago:

Finally managed to finish 2 more!

It’s the story of a spearman who became by accident a “staffman” and his man-at-arms buddy.
    As i was prepping up to add a coat of varnish on my spearman, in a rare instance of damaging fumble on my part, i drop the mini and the speartip broke… never found the small tip on the carpet to glue it back together so, added a dab of paint on the broken part…

Here’s a shot of my WIP: a simple thug.

And a shot of my upcoming ones: Boudi from Hasslefree Miniatures and a scratchbuilt wizard/apprentice with pieces from a GW Wizard box and a Bones 3 staff!

(doh, still haven’t found the right way to post the pics inside the text!)

staffman-and-man-at-arms.jpg
    staffman-and-man-at-arms-back.jpg
    wip-32.jpg
    wip-21.jpg
  • Avatar Image evilstu422p said 1 day, 20 hours ago:

Great progress, keen to see how this all comes together :)