Beasts of War | Groups | Fantasy Gamer Town Square | Forum | Fantasy – Middle Eastern Flavored

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Fantasy Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 51 minutes ago

General Fantasy Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything fantasy and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Fantasy, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Fantasy – Middle Eastern Flavored (10 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image midnightblue34p said 5 days, 5 hours ago:

I recently stumbled across the Kickstarter for the Capharnaum RPG: The Tales of the Dragon-Marked…a Middle Eastern flavored fantasy RPG:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/328469751/capharnaum-the-roleplaying-game/description

I was just spectating at first, but when they released the Capharnaum: The Tears of Ampharool Quickstart, I downloaded it and immediately fell in love with the setting and flavor of the pregenerated characters.

There is a link to download the free quickstart in this update:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/328469751/capharnaum-the-roleplaying-game/posts/2053202

If you are looking for a more unusual setting to host your fantasy games, I definitely recommend you check it out.

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days, 2 hours ago:

That does look very nice. So I backed.

• Avatar Image midnightblue34p said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

Yeah…I was a lurker for a long time…combination of strained budget going into the holiday season and a large assortment of fantasy games. But when I started reading all of the flavor in those pregenerated characters in the quickstart…like quicksand I was sucked right on in.

:)

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

It’s a shame that there isn’t a decent range of miniatures somewhere to match. I love miniatures in RPGs

• Avatar Image midnightblue34p said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

@onlyonepinman said:
    It’s a shame that there isn’t a decent range of miniatures somewhere to match. I love miniatures in RPGs

Most of my roleplaying over the last decade has been pushed to online avenues, so the miniature situation doesn’t usually impact me. But on a table, it is nice to have that visual element even when you don’t need them for the game.

• Avatar Image midnightblue34p said 4 days, 9 hours ago:

@onlyonepinman said:

This thread on Board Game Geek has someone looking for similar style minis and the thread has quite a few pointers to Arabian minis:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/397927/where-can-i-find-miniatures

• Avatar Image midnightblue34p said 4 days, 8 hours ago:

@onlyonepinman said:

And one more time…@onlyonepinman – I asked on the Kickstarter comments regarding possible thematic miniatures to use with Capharnaum and this is the response I got:

Jason Juta Collaborator 6 minutes ago

@Midnight Blue: Hi, I’m the art director for Mindjammer Press. Regarding miniatures, there are plenty of options. Check the appropriate sections of the following companies: Foundry Miniatures (Ancient and Dark Age), Fireforge Games (Middle Ages, especially Armies of Islam), Reaper Miniatures (search by keyword, eg Arabian, turban, scimitar), Gripping Beast (drill down into both the Saga and Gripping Beast sections), Perry Miniatures (Metal Crusades section), Shieldwolf Miniatures (Araves), Alchemist Miniatures (various factions). I’ll post more if any occur to me.

Hope it helps!

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 4 days, 3 hours ago:

Historical miniatures are ok until you want to start including things other than fighters – then it starts to get a bit limiting. And scale wise they don’t work well with the few fantasy ranges that have some Arabian style miniatures.

• Avatar Image midnightblue34p said 4 days, 3 hours ago:

Gotcha.

I’m definitely more of a gamer than a hobbyist, so this isn’t my strong suit. If I can find prepainted minis for what I’m looking for…I’m all over that!

=)

• Avatar Image midnightblue34p said 2 days, 21 hours ago:

Great news to end the evening…the Capharnaum RPG Kickstarter funded a few hours ago!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/328469751/capharnaum-the-roleplaying-game/posts/2066993?ref=backer_project_update

On to the first of the stretch goals with more than a week to go!

:)