Beasts of War | Groups | Fantasy Gamer Town Square | Forum | Guild Ball PVC

Beasts of War Homepage

HEROES OF FALLEN FRONTIERS on Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Fantasy Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 57 minutes ago

General Fantasy Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything fantasy and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Fantasy, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Guild Ball PVC (38 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image m30wm1x323p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Just spotted on the Steamforged blog what looks like both the Fisheran’s and Butcher’s full rosters are going to be coming out in plastic. Yay.

http://steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/coming-to-indiegogo

• Avatar Image noyjatat983p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

I imagine you may see some pose changes too :)

• Avatar Image dags2020p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Some new poses, plus the goals and furniture. I own both of these and I still want them #Steamforgedfanboi #weaktotheplasticcrack

• Avatar Image beardragon142041p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Butchers .. in plastic ??? I saw those fishy sods a few weeks ago … but Butchers too ……………….swoon …. This will be expensive. .. in a good way ….. money can buy happiness ….. :-)

Likes: KoW, DS, DB, DZ, AoS, MESBG, BB, WWX, GB, WM/H, AW and acronyms :-)
    Also likes: Dwarfs, Beer, Family, Good Friends, and Women with no taste in Men (thank god for them)

QUESTION: Wtf is indiegogo ????

• Avatar Image dags2020p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

@beardragon14 a euro crowdfunding site, steamforged seem to use it for the smaller crowdfunding ones.

• Avatar Image davehawes248p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Seems like good news!

————————————————
    Check out my skirmish game Deneb! – http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/fantasy-gamer-town-square/forum/topic/deneb-1/?topic_page=1&num=15
  • Avatar Image m30wm1x323p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

@beardragon14 It’s the same sort of mechanics as a kickstarter, but they can be used as a store as well.

I’ve been trying to make my mind up whether it would Farmers or Blacksmiths next I’d be getting… Seems I was way off.

@dags and @m30wm1x cheers thanks lads.

• Avatar Image kommissar369p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Steamforged games have posted on their blog.

The Indiegogo campaign will be capped at 800 backers. From reading the blog it sounds like this campaign is being used to test the market and see what the level of demand is like for this move. They can see the idea of PVC versions of the older teams being a potentially viable move, but they cannot justify the level of expense (according to Steamforged, $80K per team) just on potential, they need to be certain people will want this.

• Avatar Image m30wm1x323p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Not sure when they will go live on indiegogo but it does look like they will be seperate campaigns, or at least seperate buy options. It looks like they’ll be $100 for all 12 in a team, which is about the same as buying 2 of the 6 man PVC already available, so no massive discount for getting in there early.

• Avatar Image kommissar369p said 3 weeks, 3 days ago:

Both campaigns are now live!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/guild-ball-the-fisherman-s-guild#/

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/guild-ball-the-butcher-s-guild#/

• Avatar Image jahatch28146p said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Can I just say that I’m surprised not to see some love for this on the home page for B.o.W…. the tough part for this is that SF is asking current players to invest in the future of new players by putting their dollars/pounds/euros where their mouths are….

So theoretically be nice to see this advertised for new players but hard to ask them to put their money down and they wait till November for their models!!!

• Avatar Image beardragon142041p said 3 weeks ago:

I agree @jahatch28 , the Steamforged guys need some publicity somewhere at the moment the raving fanatics, who desperately want the old team in plastic have shot their bolt and there is not too muchj more they can do (apparantly there are only around 275 of us).
    There are lots of other Guild Ball player who are content with what they have (metals) and fine , that is their perogative. They shouldn’t have to carry this.

There are some Guild Ball players who want different team Alchemists etc in plastic , the sad news for them is, if this doesn’t get up they won’t be getting their teams as Steamforged will be reluctant to spend dev, time and money on stuff that they’ll never get a return on (I mentioned this on a different website and got howled down as they havn’t made anything so have incured no costs …….. all I can say is that “Wages” and “commission” seem to be an alien concept to some people … I wonder wtf they do). If they seriously want those teams they have to back this (I want plastic Hunters and Morticians …. I m buying bloody Fishermen … Me! A Butcher player …. *sigh* it beggers belief).

Others can’t afford to do this … and this I understand too (I propably have more money than sense) . Others are “waiting until release” , to these people please get on board otherwise , release won’t be happening , ever. Steamforged aren’t making profit on this, they are committed to allowing Gaming stores to sell their product so they are only selling the minimumnumber to get the things made.

Obviously I am very keen for this to happen, I have changed my Avatar for the campaign duration (This is serious I tell you). Have been spruiking it to all who’ll listen (evidently not very many people) and the campaign needs a a hand. I collected data over the first 48 hours and used it to a create a regressive, exponential model, set the cut off for 21 days and , unless something happens , this won’t. …….and I’ll be very sad :-( .

I m also surprised that Beasts of War didn’t mention it on Saturday’s weekender , they were giving away a Guild Ball Prize, It would have been the perfect time to mention it.

This campaign needs a hand , If you know people who are interested in Guild Ball mention it to them , and if you personally are and can afford to back it please do.

• Avatar Image m30wm1x323p said 3 weeks ago:

@beardragon14 I’m surprised by the lack of marketing as well. I know that they wanted to run this as a test of intrest but it seems to be going under the radar. I jumped in on both, I think I’m #2 on the Butchers, wanting both teams but mainly I stretched my finances because I want Steamforged to be able to go through and start making the 1st and 2nd seasons available in PVC.
    There does seem to be a lot of people in the ‘I’ll wait until they’re out at retail’ but they won’t get there unless the campaign gets funded. Hopefully there will be a jump once payday hits but I don’t know whether we will see the end goals met before time runs out.