Beasts of War | Groups | Fantasy Gamer Town Square | Forum | [KS] Okko: Boardgame set in medfan Japan

Beasts of War Homepage

Find Out More Battle Systems Core Space - Click Here

Group Admins

Fantasy Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 5 hours, 13 minutes ago

General Fantasy Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything fantasy and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Fantasy, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

[KS] Okko: Boardgame set in medfan Japan (21 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image bawonsamdi51p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Hello, everybody. A quick message to present a KS campaign to fund a boardgame with miniatures set in the world of Okko (a french comic book about a group of japanese monster hunters):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/359037226/okko-chronicles/description
    https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/018/786/610/49ee2c0241bc398ea12e3730b24f77bb_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1508227343&auto=format&lossless=true&s=26a5ad6d0cd7fc457c9e42ad5910b5d4

The game is a bit like Conan or The Others with a group of allied players (each one of them playing a single hero) against the Game Master (controls every other miniatures).

They have some great sculpts and have just secured a deal with DUST Studio for the production (you probably know it but DUST Studio also produced Blood Rage, Mythic Battle or Black Plague).

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/019/090/819/0492f64547214f68a08c277a1af00abd_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1509990048&auto=format&lossless=true&s=00393b65c0d4a745ca3a1a39257bc973

Rulebook:
    https://www.mycf.fr/okko/download/%5bOkkosChronicles%5d_%5bBaseBox%5d_%5bEN%5d_%5bRuleBook%5d.pdf

49ee2c0241bc398ea12e3730b24f77bb_original.png
    0492f64547214f68a08c277a1af00abd_original.png
  • Avatar Image redben7867p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

I’ve got this one set for a 48 hour reminder.

• Avatar Image tonysilvey322p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Reminder for me too. The comics look like they are good. I’ll have to pick one up and give it a go.

• Avatar Image koraski674p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

I read the first 3 comic/graphic novels. They are excellent. Definitely check them out. There was also a miniatures line a while back. I have a bunch of the figures but don’t know what they were for.

“Putting the gruntled back in disgruntled since 1971!”
  • Avatar Image koraski674p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

I just checked to see if I could find book 4 to complete my hardcover set and best I can find is kindle version. Good news is the complete collection will be released on kindle in December!

• Avatar Image tonysilvey322p said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Downloaded the kindle edition of the first book and I was not disappointed! Love the artwork and style and it has encouraged me to look more into the game.

I was initially concerned about viewing a comic through the kindle app but the formatting is really good and allows you to zoom in to each panel or see the whole page. I’m not a regular comic reader so this may be normal.

• Avatar Image agis302p said 1 week, 2 days ago:

I loved the comics and the first game.
    Backed!

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis – http://www.adpublishing.de

• Avatar Image bawonsamdi51p said 1 week, 2 days ago:

@koraski said:
    I have a bunch of the figures but don’t know what they were for.

Several years ago there was a totally different boardgame to play 1vs1 skirmish battles. The game was coming with cardboard silhouettes but there was also the possibility to buy metal minis to replace them.

I think it’s worth mentionning that the english version of the game will probably not see a retail release. KS will ne the only way to get the game in english.

Several add-on are available

• Avatar Image emptynessisform1013p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

it looks stunning, I want it.

• Avatar Image emptynessisform1013p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

will they have hard plastic weapons given that mythic battles had them?

• Avatar Image bawonsamdi51p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

They didn’t say anything about hard plastic weapons but I doubt that they will do it. Otherwide they would have advertise it more, IMO.

So far, for 90€/110$ you got the core box, two expansions and the third one is on its way:

• Avatar Image fandujapon said 6 days, 3 hours ago:

hi all,
    I think HUB’s involvement in the project is impressive. He makes all the sets (maps, tiles, new figurines created for the game…), not to mention the art book limited series.
    The choice of DUST to mold the miniatures is a very good news. They are probably more expensive than a common chinese producer but it would have been a pity to use the wonderful masters to make poor miniatures at end.
    That’s why I’m in this kickstarter.

• Avatar Image mage5322p said 6 days ago:

Have this company done miniatures before? It looks beautiful and if I had more disposable income this close to Christmas I might back it.

• Avatar Image fandujapon said 6 days ago:

@ mage
    Dust Studio, the company of Paolo Parente, well known fans of beautiful figurines.
    You may have admired the work of this manufacturer for example on Blood Rage, Rising Sun, Massive Darkness, Mythic Battle Pantheon or Zombicide: Black Plague.

• Avatar Image fandujapon said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

We’re coming in the last three days of this great KS!!

I remind you for those concerned that:
    THE RED JOKER said at the beginning of the campaign:
    “There will be a PM open to late pledgers and $1.00 pledgers but the prices will be higher than on the campaign.”

Those who have taken a pledge with the basic game are not concerned by this extra cost of course (Ronin (75 euros) or Samurai (90 euros) or Early Samuraï (85 euros)).
    It will avoid unpleasant surprises if you were unaware.

Last news:
    That’s cool too!!
    Mythic Games, Inc. supported the Okko Chronicles project.