Beasts of War | Groups | Fantasy Gamer Town Square | Forum | Raglan does Mythic Battles Pantheon

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Nemesis Board Game kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Fantasy Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 13 hours, 5 minutes ago

General Fantasy Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything fantasy and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Fantasy, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Raglan does Mythic Battles Pantheon (14 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image raglan133p said 4 days, 18 hours ago:

My first shipment containing the expansion sets arrive in December and the second shipment containing the core box and the rest of the Typhon bundle arrived last week. This was a brilliant kickstarter all round and I would definitely support this company in any future project. So without wasting any further anytime, I arranged the first gaming day today with my mate David. Most of the miniatures were bear plastic straight out of the box, but there was time to get most of the Hephaetus expansion painted and Cronos in time for today’s gaming session (although we didn’t use Zeus’ father today).

img_20180113_110333.jpg
    img_20180113_110340.jpg
    img_20180113_110348.jpg

Prometheus had a reputation as being something of a clever trickster and he famously gave the human race the gift of fire and the skill of metalwork, an action for which he was punished by Zeus, who ensured everyday that an eagle ate the liver of the Titan as he was helplessly chained to a rock.

img_20180113_110536.jpg
    img_20180113_110549.jpg

Enceladus was one of the giants, the offspring of Gaia (Earth), and Uranus (Sky). Enceladus was the traditional opponent of Athena during the Gigantomachy, the war between the Giants and the gods, and was said to be buried under Mount Etna in Sicily.

img_20180113_110728.jpg
    img_20180113_110745.jpg

Hephaestus was the Greek god of blacksmiths, sculptors, metallurgy, fire and volcanoes; thus, he is symbolised with a hammer, an anvil and a pair of tongs. According to Homer’s epics, the Iliad and the Odyssey, he was the son of Zeus and Hera. However, Hesiod informs us that Hera bore Hephaestus alone.

img_20180113_110447.jpg
    img_20180113_110456.jpg

Cronus (Kronos), a son of Uranus and Ge, and the youngest among the Titans. He was married to Rhea, by whom he became the father of Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus.

img_20180113_110622.jpg
    img_20180113_110639.jpg

Acamas is the name for the Cyclops of Greek myth. There were 3 Cyclops belonging to Gaia and Ouranos. They were single eyed giants with their one eye in the middle of their forehead. They were called Brontes, Steropes and Arges which all refer to thunder and lightning.

img_20180113_110821.jpg
    img_20180113_110833.jpg

The Colchis Bulls were created by the god Hephaestus, and were given to King Aeetes as a gift. They are made from bronze and their eyes are rubies.

img_20180113_110516.jpg
  • Avatar Image georgesealy314p said 4 days, 17 hours ago:

Lovely to see so many figures painted already. I hope you enjoyed the game – I f ind it’s wonderfully tense and involves all the players all the time.

• Avatar Image raglan133p said 4 days, 17 hours ago:

The game play is quick and easy to pick up, but over the 3 games we started to see how tactical the game can be.

• Avatar Image kjelken23p said 3 days, 18 hours ago:

Wow, those are some great paintjobs. Can’t wait to recieve my pledge, and stare at it in awe and wonder, never daring to paint it

• Avatar Image angelicdespot991p said 3 days, 15 hours ago:

They all look fantastic – I especially like the bull, the cyclops and the blacksmith.

How did you make the piles of rocks? Or are they bought pieces of terrain?

• Avatar Image georgesealy314p said 3 days, 15 hours ago:

@kjelken even if you did nothing more than prime dark and either add a zenith or drybrush highlight, it would be a huge improvement over the basic bare plastic (even though they are beautiful miniatures).

• Avatar Image raglan133p said 3 days, 15 hours ago:

The rocks are pre-cast resin terrain pieces which I just repainted bud.

• Avatar Image seldon91783p said 3 days, 12 hours ago:

@raglan Cracking work. I love the glow on Haephesto’s tongs.