Beasts of War | Groups | Historical Gamer Town Square | Forum | Battlegroup Market-Garden Pre-orders…

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

No Admins

Historical Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 8 hours, 52 minutes ago

General Historical Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything historical and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Historical, WWI, WWII, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Battlegroup Market-Garden Pre-orders… (5 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image piers3127p said 2 months ago:

New Battlegroup Market Garden!

96 page softback campaign supplement detailing the Market Garden airborne operation in Holland September’44
    Packed full of historical information and narrative, scenarios and a mini campaign. Plus contains airborne army lists, amendments and additions to German army lists,
    ** On general release on friday 3rd November (and at Crisis in Antwerp on the 4th) but pre-order now until the 27th October and, as well as getting your copy early you will receive a free PSC 15mm or 1/72nd Stug III sprue, your choice **
    http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=1678

Also available as a great value 2 book bundle deal with Battlegroup Overlord: Beyond the Beaches or as a 3 book bundle with Beyond the beaches and the main ruleset:-
    http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=1679

http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=1680

Please note you need the Battlegroup Overlord: Beyond the Beaches campaign supplement (or the original Battlegroup Overlord book) and the main ruleset to play Market Garden

• Avatar Image koraski683p said 2 months ago:

I’ll have to wait till this filters down to my local game shop but it’s definitely going on my list. Looking forward to the Cold War and second North Africa books too!

“Putting the gruntled back in disgruntled since 1971!”
  • Avatar Image limburger1852p said 2 months ago:

oh cool :-)
    Did I see ‘Songs of Son’ on that index page ?

Fun fact :
    This a town that consists of two that act as one.
    The part of town near the bridge is called “Son”.
    And like any other town of this nature there is a bit of rivalry between the two halves.

I know what I’ll be reading next month. :-)

festina lente cauta fac omnia mente
  • Avatar Image limburger1852p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

update :
    I’ve got it :-)
    The market garden supplement may not be as thick as the Flames of War variant, but it sure as hell packs more detail.
    I’ve not read the entire thing in detail, but I like that it at least mentions effect the resistance had on the operation and how that can affect the game. It’s not a big effect, but it has the potential to ruin your plans.

• Avatar Image dorthonion1073p said 1 month ago:

Mine arrive (with a 15mm PSC Stug) – I am a happy camper

Author: Instrument of the Empire
    Working on the sequels