Beasts of War | Groups | Historical Gamer Town Square | Forum | Living History for warzan

Beasts of War Homepage

Forge of Destiny Facebook - Click Here

Group Admins

No Admins

Historical Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 48 minutes ago

General Historical Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything historical and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Historical, WWI, WWII, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Living History for warzan (5 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image marktarver52p said 10 months ago:

Mainly a topic for @Warzan after his enthusiasm from his Viking day trip!

There are a ton of living history events around the country covering lots of periods.

I am a member of The Clarence Household (, and we focus on war of the roses period of English history – pics are their or on facebook for you warren.

The group has a wide focus on fighting and weaponry, but also crafts and food, we do an open fire cooking display during events where we do make authentic recipes for ourselves to consume, and yes warren we do sleep in the tents too.

We are a small household within the larger War of the Roses federation uk wide group and Livery and Maintanence.

There is the sealed knot guys down south England as well.

Coupled with lots of ww2, Vikings, you can pick and choose a period that you are historically interested in.

My love Is cooking and doing that whilst seeing the interest from the public when they find out facts and seeing the displays in action is really rewarding.

I would say though that it is a huge time and cost investment, all the kit needs to be researched and hand crafted, which puts the cost up a lot.

You will find you could do events every weekend from February through to October time if you wished.

I’m sure other members are groups who can post their details on this to help give you the sense of how diverse and actually well represented our history is within reenacement circles.

I would also say that it is perfect for your kids too. My young son loves wearing his castle clothes, and the reenactment community is fantastic, there is a huge big family and it is brilliant to bring history to life and for them to pick up skills not found elsewhere. Just be prepared for them to correct their history teachers in school!

Hope you find the information you were after on living history.

You’re more than welcome to come as a guest to one of our events :)

• Avatar Image bigdave451p said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Is there a lot of Malmsey wine to be had being in the Clarence household? :P sorry, couldn’t help it hehe

• Avatar Image torros4251p said 5 months, 1 week ago:

@bigdave said:
    Is there a lot of Malmsey wine to be had being in the Clarence household? :P sorry, couldn’t help it hehe

Maybe but no-one is 100% sure as he was privately executed in the tower

indeed, a lot of the sources date to some years after, the rumour got out and a lot of commentators ran with it. cruel pun on Clarence’ drinking habits gone a bit far I reckon.

In all seriousness, the dedication you re-enactors have is incredible. Get quite a lot of Vikings, Saxons and Normans show up near me from time to time, the time, the effort, the cost in some respects is enormous but then the pay-off, the enjoyment appears to be well worth it. That being said, I’m led to understand that at Bosworth, whenever you get a big gathering on anniversaries of the battle it’s meant to be a fantastic time, live music on in the evening and stuff, tremendous atmosphere. Bloke who drinks in a pub near me, his band has played there before – built himself a full harness of plate armour! Incredible. Not sure how he plays bass guitar in it haha