Beasts of War | Groups | Historical Gamer Town Square | Forum | Question: Is there anyone doing 28mm WWII minis in PVC Plastic?

Beasts of War Homepage

Infinity Beyond Packs, Pre-Orders Start Monday July 24th - Click Here

Group Admins

No Admins

Historical Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 5 hours, 20 minutes ago

General Historical Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything historical and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Historical, WWI, WWII, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Question: Is there anyone doing 28mm WWII minis in PVC Plastic? (4 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image silverstars307p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

I was curious. I’m trying to finish up painting a squad of late war Germans, and of course, one that was almost done was dropped onto the carpet in just the right way to snap his lovely Gewehr 43 in half, and I spent the next 15 minutes trying to decipher it from my pile carpeting.

I like the ability to make all sorts of figures from all sorts of parts, but when I paint something, I paint it to look good and to play with. I get the feeling when I finally do get this game up and running I will either be handling my troops like they are made of fine china or I’m going to have to get used to stumps for weapons and headless Heer grenadiers… :(

I have a lot of experience with CMON board games and the Conan board game and while it has it’s drawbacks, the fact that it holds paint, handles wear, and the fact I can throw it on the ground and still look just as nice as when I finished painting it after two weeks , more then outweighs those flaws.

Thoughts, or any leads?

• Avatar Image btahm171p said 1 week ago:

Eww that’s just gross. Also you must have stomped him surely, dropping plastic figures onto carpet shouldn’t result in any kind of break. I’ve dropped them loads onto hard floors, and although they might come apart at the join a bit has never snapped off.

• Avatar Image koraski642p said 1 week ago:

I can’t think of any that do 28mm but there’s some choice in 20mm. Off the top of my head there’s @oriskany axis and allies figures and I’m pretty sure the First to Fight range of early war Germans and polish infantry are pvc (or at least one of the non hips plastics). There’s also a vast range of model kits. Italeri are my favorites though as I prefer hard plastic to pvc I haven’t done much with them.

“Putting the gruntled back in disgruntled since 1971!”
  • Avatar Image silverstars307p said 1 week ago:

Btahm, the mini in question was still attached to the thread spindle I use as a painting plinth. With the added weight and the mini landing right on the extended rifle….I actually heard it snap on the way in. :( Seems to be my luck.