Beasts of War | Groups | Historical Gamer Town Square | Forum | Test of Honour Slow Grow/Escalation Campaign

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The Judgement Wave 2 Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

No Admins

Historical Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 2 days, 3 hours ago

General Historical Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything historical and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Historical, WWI, WWII, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Test of Honour Slow Grow/Escalation Campaign (4 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image basilard9953p said 6 days, 4 hours ago:

Hi all,

I’m interested in trying to put together an escalation/slow-grow campaign for a local FLGS. I’d like it to have more “history” and narrative focus focus than the standard ToH campaign, but I know squat about Japanese history.

Sam was talking about a famous warlord in one of the recent weekenders and I thought I could start there, but I don’t remember who it was. (I do remember @warzan butchering the name and Sam getting annoyed, but that’s all.) I thought I could start there. Does anyone know or remember what I’m referring to?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Avatar Image bigdave471p said 5 days, 10 hours ago:

From the top of my head it was figures from the late Sengoku period – look up people like Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu, Ishida Mitsunari and Mori Terumoto as they’re all famous daimyo from the period. Hope you’re prepared for a ton of reading as it’s a really interesting and quite expansive period to study.

• Avatar Image commanderkaiser228p said 4 days, 23 hours ago:

I believe it was Nobunaga that Sam was speaking about last weekender.

I’d be interested to see how a more historical based ToH campaign would progress.

• Avatar Image basilard9953p said 2 days, 3 hours ago:

I’ll be happy to post up how it goes IF it goes. :)

And that’s who I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

Chris