Beasts of War Homepage

AFTERLIFE : The Shards of Liberty - Click Here

Group Admins

Group Mods

Hordes General Discussion

Public Group active 20 hours, 53 minutes ago

Have you got something you want to say about Hordes?

Why not put it here for…

Hordes and Metal Miniatures (3 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image klytus said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Hi All,

Had my first game of Hordes this Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. As such I’m looking to start a Trollbloods force.

However, I’m not a fan of metal miniatures (for various reasons) and was wondering if someone could fill me in on the situations regarding Privateer Press (specifically Trollbloods) and metals/plastics.

What Trollbloods figs come in plastics? Are PP moving towards an all plastics/resin range?

Cheers,
    K

perfect is nice but done is beautiful
  • Avatar Image ade73769p said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Hi @klytus thought you may find this interesting:
    http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/08/breaking-warmachine-pax-goodies.html

I think you will have to deal with metal minis for sometime before the majority of the range is non metal. I have heard they are working on plastic warpack boxes not sure when they will be out?
    I assume that over time all of the range will be plastic/resin, it would make a lot of sense, given that the Warmachine boxed set is out soonish (all plastic/resin minis).
    To be honest i would prefer non metal myself (although i can deal with modeling and painting them) the plastic/resin is so much easier to transport.

• Avatar Image dais994p said 3 years, 1 month ago:

PP are not moving to all plastic, but they are slowly replacing certain models, like warbeasts and heavy infantry, with plastic. I think within the next two years we will see some plastic beasts, warpacks, some heavy infantry, and a 2 player starter. Don’t hold your breath for any of this though. We know plastic beasts are coming, but aside from that, it could be quite a long time for further developments.
    There are also some models that do not make sense in plastic, like warlocks, solos, and some small based units. I doubt we will see a plastic Borka or Janissa for a very long time.

Check out my painting log if you have the time.
    http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/dais-online-project-journal/forum/