Beasts of War Homepage

Operation: Icestorm Preorder Your Starter Box Today at Your LFGS or Click here Operation: Icestorm Week - Watch it all Click Here

Group Admins

Group Mods

Hordes General Discussion

Public Group active 2 weeks, 4 days ago

Have you got something you want to say about Hordes?

Why not put it here for…

Hordes and Metal Miniatures (3 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image klytus said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Hi All,

Had my first game of Hordes this Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. As such I’m looking to start a Trollbloods force.

However, I’m not a fan of metal miniatures (for various reasons) and was wondering if someone could fill me in on the situations regarding Privateer Press (specifically Trollbloods) and metals/plastics.

What Trollbloods figs come in plastics? Are PP moving towards an all plastics/resin range?

Cheers,
    K

perfect is nice but done is beautiful
  • Avatar Image ade73769p said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Hi @klytus thought you may find this interesting:
    http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/08/breaking-warmachine-pax-goodies.html

I think you will have to deal with metal minis for sometime before the majority of the range is non metal. I have heard they are working on plastic warpack boxes not sure when they will be out?
    I assume that over time all of the range will be plastic/resin, it would make a lot of sense, given that the Warmachine boxed set is out soonish (all plastic/resin minis).
    To be honest i would prefer non metal myself (although i can deal with modeling and painting them) the plastic/resin is so much easier to transport.

• Avatar Image dais972p said 2 years, 11 months ago:

PP are not moving to all plastic, but they are slowly replacing certain models, like warbeasts and heavy infantry, with plastic. I think within the next two years we will see some plastic beasts, warpacks, some heavy infantry, and a 2 player starter. Don’t hold your breath for any of this though. We know plastic beasts are coming, but aside from that, it could be quite a long time for further developments.
    There are also some models that do not make sense in plastic, like warlocks, solos, and some small based units. I doubt we will see a plastic Borka or Janissa for a very long time.

Beasts of War Warmachine/Hordes Tzar.
    Check out my painting log if you have the time.
    http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/dais-online-project-journal/forum/