Beasts of War | Groups | Hordes General Discussion | Forum | Hordes Battlebox (mk III)

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the War is Coming: Warmaidens & Dragonbreds Kickstarter Campagin - Click Here

Group Admins

Group Mods

Hordes General Discussion

Public Group active 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Have you got something you want to say about Hordes?

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Fantasy, Hordes, Privateer Press, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Hordes Battlebox (mk III) (3 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image loucifer96p said 1 year ago:

Hi folks,

Has anyone purchased the Hordes Battlebox (MK III)? I’m tempted to get it as a bit of a kickstart into Hordes and I was wondering what the quality of the miniatures were like inside the box.

Ta muchly!

• Avatar Image beef557022p said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

I recently got the hordes mk3 box for £58 off ebay.
    For the money you get a lot. The trollbloods are excellent. 3 trolls 10 fennblades and a warcaster. Good quality, not much flash or moldlines, nice big chunky models, good details, maybe a little clean up where the parts have been clipped from the sprues.
    The skorne on the other hand are not as good, but still not bad, more of a pain to put together. Again the same problem with them being clipped off the sprues. The details ae not as crisp as the trollbloods but that could have something to do with the size and scale, with them being human sized.
    The warbeasts arent as easy to put together either.
    PP should think about putting a basic assembly guide in as well
    One thing i would mention is glue. I had real problems sticking them together. I use gorilla glue and still had problems. I ended up pinning the tusks on the titan gladiator. Maybe its me as i am so used to sticking GW models and they go together really easily.
    All in all if youre prepared to put the extra time in worth the money.
    Hope this helps,
    Rob

• Avatar Image loucifer96p said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thanks @beef5570