Beasts of War | Groups | Infinity General Discussion | Forum | Infinity Hobby Group – March 2017

Beasts of War Homepage

Grab your Aristeia Box Today - Click Here

Group Admins

Infinity General Discussion

Public Group active 3 days, 4 hours ago

A place to discuess and help people get into the great game of Infinity.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, Infinity, Corvus Belli, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Infinity Hobby Group – March 2017 (66 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image dawfydd1032p said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Right, lets kick this sucker off :)

So I’ve spent the morning cracking on with some more of my mustard-coloured Nomads with Kusanagi & her Moiras, the Bandit Hacker and Senor Massacre’s Jaguar sidekicks. Got most of the base colours blocked in, then hit them with a wash of Liquid Talent ;)

Just leaving them to dry now whilst caching up with Legion & Blindspot…

And got this little lot all primed up, so should have plenty to see me through the rest of this/next month/quarter….

2017-03-03-125033.jpg
    2017-03-03-130755.jpg
    2017-03-03-120001.jpg
  • Avatar Image mbdeyes147p said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Technically this one was finished last week, but the photography was definitely done in March. ;)

crane-11.jpg
  • Avatar Image querion1373p said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

@dawfydd interesting color choices and scheme for your nomads, i’m looking forward to see more of them! And wow that’s a lot of stuff on your painint table there. I would guess it’s somewhere around the amount i still need to paint. But knowing your speed you will blast through them before i even reached half of them ;)

@mbdeyes nice work on the agent! i really like the greens, great color blending there. and the NMM looks nice too, thats a technique i didn’t dare to try out so far.

I blame @seldon9 for breaking my ban ;) and now a friend offered to buy some stuff a bit cheaper from him and i did. Should be able to collect it next week. The new Order Sergeants Box and the Knights of Santiago-Box, all unopened and fresh. And only because he somehow managed to order the wrong stuff. Could someone please tell me how one can manage to order the wrong stuff … i’m still puzzled by this … but well in the end i profit from it, so all is well i guess ;)

And just now i dumped the last of my old painted Nomands and my old Pan O into some Biostrip20 … they really deserve a new and better paint coat … even if that means my count of stuff to paint grows even more.

• Avatar Image dawfydd1032p said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Very nice @mbdeyes . The tabard is very nice :)

Well @querion there was still a few steps left on these. Here is the Bandit Hacker and the two Jaguars all done. Got some choices to make on the Moiras as the Custodiers & Healers in the collection (and the Sin Eater) have a slightly gloss black effect on the robes & tabards….

2017-03-03-181820.jpg
    2017-03-03-181840.jpg
    2017-03-03-181911.jpg
    2017-03-03-182015.jpg
  • Avatar Image rekky556p said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

@seldon9 and @querion thanks for the comments last month. I’m away at the moment for my daughter’s sixth birthday, but the Ghulam is about finished.

@mbdeyes that’s is one impressive crane! I love the highlights on the orange and the green!

@dawfydd that’s your are a machine! Love the bandit! The mask is very well done!

• Avatar Image seldon91691p said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hello everyone. It’s a new month and I’m feeling very positive bout getting stuck into more Infinity. Work is busy but shouldn’t need me working into the evenings.

I’ve got my Krazy Koalas based and I’m quite pleased with them. They’d been sitting round half done for ages so I did a pretty quick job getting them finished.

Since then I’ve been working on my Yu Jing. I’ve been more careful with this paint job and I’m very hapy with how it’s gone so far. First up the remotes:

- next the Zhanshis:

- and finally the Yan Huo and Zhuyong.

Back in the game :)

@dawfydd I wasn’t sure about some of the skin tones in your first set of pic but they’ve settled well with the wash. The Bandit suits your scheme best. She’s come out very well.

@mbdeyes Great work on the Yu Jing agent. I can’t recall if it’s a Crane or Pheasant agent. You’ve done some lovely tones and his eyes match the direction of his body. Excellent job.

@querion I’m happy to take the blame ;)

@rekky A pleasure :)

2017-03-04-1.jpg
    2017-03-04-2.jpg
    2017-03-04-5.jpg
    2017-03-04-6.jpg
    2017-03-04-7.jpg
  • Avatar Image rekky556p said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hey All,

@seldon9 those yu jing are looking good! like the peach(?)

Well i managed to get the female Ghulam finished. Im quite pleased with her overall, few issues here and there but I’m not going to sort them out as i want to crack on with the others!

Anyway here are some pictures. Hope you guys like!

Tried some new things with the Rifle + Light Shotgun, as well as the pistol and holster. Tried to copy Angel’s technique, it looks ok, but i need to practice it a little more.

Also I seem to be struggling to get a clean crisp photo resolution, im using a Coolpix L310, which has a 14.1 megapixel camera. Am i zooming in too much? Should i back out a little then just crop the image down after? Any tips would be great!

• Avatar Image seldon91691p said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

@rekky thanks :) It’s a gradual build from orange brown to a light yellow orange.

Your Ghulam looks superb. I’m finding with the Zhanshi that three sets of different colours slows progress down a lot. So kudos to you! It’s strange which details appeal but I find those little white shading marks on the gun impress me a lot. I’ve never been happy with my highlighting of guns.

As far as taking pictures goes. They look fine to me. They could be a little crisper but it’s a case of diminishing returns. Megapixels won’t make any difference. They just affect the size of the final photo. 9 times out of 10 if the photo is lacking a little clarity it’s because it’s taking a little too long to take the picture. So in my opinion your options are:

- don’t hand hold the camera. Put it on a tripod or other solid surface.
    - get more light in the picture. Perhaps turn on your hobby lamp if it doesn’t affect the colour.
    - use the flash. The light can be too harsh though. When I do this I use this diffuser:
    https://www.manfrotto.co.uk/ezybox-speed-lite-22-x-22cm

Have you tried using manual settings? I find if I’m hand holding the camera and taking a picture of something that doesn’t move then a time value of 1/40 of a second or lower will suffice to get a sharp picture. However, if it’s too dark I just bump up the flash power.

I hope that helps. First thing I’d try, in your position, is putting the camera on a solid surface.

• Avatar Image rekky556p said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hey @seldon9 thanks for the compliments.

Yeah I already use a light tent, I use this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Studio-colour-Background-Tripod/dp/B0064MRG64/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1488966737&sr=8-12&keywords=Light+tent

I also use 2 additional lights, as well as the two that come with it. I use an 800 lumin daylight and my painting lamp which is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Indoor-Lighting/Daylight-Company-Natural-X-Large-LED-Lamp/B00XTUCIW6/ref=sr_1_6?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1488967048&sr=1-6&keywords=led+daylight+lamp

However I will try playing with the settings as I do just normally turn the auto macro function on. Maybe that will give me a crisper picture.

Thanks bud.

• Avatar Image rekky556p said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

Yay! The Fat Yuan Yuan is being made reality. So cool, this is going to be a must for my Haqq.

• Avatar Image seldon91691p said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

I’ve not been that bothered about these two figure specials but this one is a tempter. Hope I’ll have the funds for it.

• Avatar Image emptynessisform1015p said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

man that’s hilarious, I got to get me one.
    not sure if I laughed more for the fat yuan yuan or mayacasts intro last week.

borrowed a camera and have spent the last couple of weeks painting away so with a bit of luck I might just have an alguaciles for your consideration at some point this weekend.

• Avatar Image emptynessisform1015p said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

not having much luck with this camera, took some pics but its too blurry when I get the camera close enough to see the detail. what cameras do you fellas use?

speaking of yuan yuan the battle foam exclusive has shown up on ebay. it’s over £100 but there are 10 watching it.
    there is also a gogo marline up at the moment

• Avatar Image seldon91691p said 8 months, 1 week ago:

@emptynessisform I use a Canon 600D. It’s one of their older models but does everything I need. I use a flash with diffuser as well.

Most cameras, including camera phones, take very large pictures. You’ll probably find you can actually zoom in a lot on the final image. So I make sure I’m far enough back to get the picture in focus and then I crop the final image.

• Avatar Image emptynessisform1015p said 8 months, 1 week ago:

@seldon9 cheers for the tips, apparently I had the thing on a night time scenic setting.
    i’ll have a play around with it and hopefully i’ll get the contraption working.