Beasts of War Homepage

Operation: Icestorm Preorder Your Starter Box Today at Your LFGS or Click here Operation: Icestorm Week - Watch it all Click Here

Group Admins

Group Mods

Lizardmen

Public Group active 5 months ago

Lizardmen

Painting a Lizardman army – Shades (55 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image khrystan108p said 3 years, 3 months ago:

i will look them up, and i dont want you to take pics and stuff just for me, but i would love to see them cus if there are even half as good as this project then they will be great

now doing commissions on army lists for any warhammer fantasy list at any points cost, great lists guaranteed. PM me if you need one done
  • Avatar Image shades174p said 3 years, 3 months ago:

I’m painting the Avatars of War Lizardman Hero for the WAMP competition. I have only a week to paint this puppy!

Base-color blocking.

Base metals.

First washes.

Dark washes, outlines, and inks.

• Avatar Image khrystan108p said 3 years, 3 months ago:

i like the pose and weapon choice. i like the bone on his back good work i guess you will do well in the thing

• Avatar Image shades174p said 3 years, 3 months ago:

@khrystan: Thanks for the well-wishes, khrystan. I finished painting it this morning. I spent almost two hours trying to get a decent photo of the thing. I’m still not pleased with how the photo came out. I just can’t get the lighting right. Anyway, here’s a link to the entry on WAMP.

• Avatar Image shades174p said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Frosting my Grenadier Lizardman with crappy Armory varnish was a setback, but I’ve been slow to attend to the Goblin Pirates for other life reasons.

But the time hasn’t been entirely wasted. I finished up a few Skinks in an alternate color scheme to my blue ones. I intend to paint an entire unit with this greenish-blue color. I wanted these guys to serve as backup fillers to both my regular, blue Skink unit as well as to my Chameleons (thus the blowpipes).

I’ve also been itching to get some color on one of my Kroxigor proxies. Once I saw the final results of the color scheme for the backup Skinks, I decided that would work well for this Krox. According to Warhammer fluff, Kroxigors come from the same spawning pools as the Skinks, so I’ll have this guy match up with his future Skink unit brethren! The base colors that are on him took between an hour and an hour-and-a-half. I treat this stage as my basic color blocking.

• Avatar Image bishmeister462p said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Nice work, great to see an update.

Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
    come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!
  • Avatar Image shades174p said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Hi, guys. It’s been a while since I posted to the Lizardman forum. I’ve been posting everything to the Painting forum. But I’ve been painting Lizardmen! So I should have ideally been posting to both threads. As it was, I was already posting to two threads, since I post to the WAMP Forum, too.

Anywho, I figure I would conclude this thread, since I kinda left it hangin’. Then I can follow bishmeister’s and tinracer’s lead and chime in on tactics and battle reports.

So here is how my entire army turned out, in frantic preparation for the NOVA Open in Arlington, Virginia. This was my very first tournament. I didn’t have high expectations in terms of generalship, and my expectations were met with a dismal 1-4 record! I hoped to score well for painting, however, and there I was a little disappointed. I received a lot of nice compliments (which were great!), but I didn’t win anything for painting. It was a learning experience, though, and I prattle on about what I took away from the experience on the WAMP forum, here. It also has a link to photos of the event, including 3 more Lizardman armies! The beginning of the thread, here, will guide you through all of the WIP, leading up to the tournament, if you’re interested.

• Avatar Image khrystan108p said 2 years, 10 months ago:

nice to see you back, i have missed this army very much, i personaly think its fantastic, with just the right colours and conversions in just the right places. if only i lived over there i would love a game with my rubbishly painted brit army. to see a great army like yours on the board is what keeps wargamming alive

• Avatar Image shades174p said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks so much, khrystan! Those are encouraging words indeed. I’m gratified to be viewed as a positive contributor to the hobby! I gain so much satisfaction from it, I try to promote it when the opportunity presents itself and champion it as mainstream entertainment.

I would certainly enjoy playing you gentlemanly British types. That’s more my style than hardcore competition. If you ever make it over to D.C., be sure to let me know, bring your army, and we’ll enjoy some games over some frosty ones. Cheers!

• Avatar Image khrystan108p said 2 years, 10 months ago:

i kinda get what you mean with the fun games, i like winning but a fun game is better. i do travel alot and i can always make it over maybe next year or so. lol not saying it for def. there is not many fantasy gamers here, not many wargammers full stop. only i have heard BoW have been thinking of doing battle reports so i will have to go down and ask daryl for a game