Beasts of War | Groups | News & Rumors | Forum | Deep-Cut Studio RPG and miniature games mats

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The 12 Realms - Dungeonland Kickstarter Coming Soon - Click Here

Group Admins

News & Rumors

Public Group active 2 hours, 6 minutes ago

A single source for members to keep the whole community informed of breaking stories and leaks.

The topics here feed to the homepage so please take care.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
News, Announcements, Kickstarter, Event

Deep-Cut Studio RPG and miniature games mats (73 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image deepcutstudio36p said 3 years ago:

Today is a special day for us. We shook hands with Lord ZseZse Works and launched some really exciting RPG maps. Their newest Marble Sanctum map set as well as breath taking Harbour of Thieves map are available for preorder with a -10% discount as printed and ready to use mats. Ultimate beauty and detail level awaits those who choose to enhance their RPG or miniature games tables with these fine releases. The maps are drawn with great usability in mind and have 1 inch size tiles and other floor elements to track the movement of your minis across the dungeons. And as always we use premium class materials to manufacture these mats. Have a look at them at our gallery at http://www.deepcutstudio.com/ or visit http://www.lordzsezseworks.com/ for more stunning visuals.

lord-zsezse-harbour-of-thieves-mat-1.jpg
  • Avatar Image mbbelius27p said 2 years, 11 months ago:

They look awesome – do you have any plans to release cobble street type effects for skirmish games – a 4×4 of that would be amazing!

• Avatar Image huscarle1826p said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I sent off for my first mat the other night. I thought I’d just get the plain starfield for X Wing for starters. Mainly to see what the quality is like.
    I’ll post some feedback on this thread when it arrives.

• Avatar Image huscarle1826p said 2 years, 10 months ago:

My mat arrived today. It was well protected in a good strong tube. After taking out of the tube I didn’t have to roll it the opposite way to stop it curling up. It lay flat to the table straight away. The quality is very good it appears to be very tough and I can’t see that it will suffer any damage with normal use.
    I obviously had to get out some of my X Wing models just to see what it would like and yes it looks great.
    As it comes from Lithuania it may be worth considering getting more than one mat to help spread the cost of the postage.

• Avatar Image huscarle1826p said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Your welcome. I think you have some really good products

• Avatar Image kommissar322p said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Ordered the nebula theme 3×3 mat when it came out. Was very impressed with the quality. Goes great with my Star Wars X Wing and Star Trek Attack Wing minis. The fields and desert theme 3×3 mats look like they would be ideal for Warhammer Diskwars.

Now that the Borg are coming out for Star Trek Attack Wing, any chance of a green “Borg Space” themed mat?

• Avatar Image zorg2913p said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Love the quest room type maps plus the space mates the only point I would give is to have connection points so the maps can be combined to form an enormous catacomb for epic questing particularly with all the new material from dungeon saga and the like out.

• Avatar Image kender200145p said 2 years, 5 months ago:

wow nice just wish that thay did a FOW 15mm scale on the D- DAY :) THAT ME SO SWEEEET

Spirit of Nature, embrace me.
    Body of Mother, nourish me.
    Water of Oceans, cleanse me.
  • Avatar Image redben6830p said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Nice. I’ll be getting the cobblestone and grass mats when I get paid on the 19th so I’ll be giving the cloth mat a go :)

• Avatar Image vitalis82p said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Those mats are great, once I check my finances after the first of the year I think you have me sold on the green / grass mat.

• Avatar Image deepcutstudio36p said 1 year, 12 months ago:

New gaming mat release! We are starting the month with the addition of swamp theme wargames mat to our range. This release was probably most challenging to create design-wise, but Jan Jasinski outdone himself again. Let the pictures at our gallery speak for themselves. The mat is manufactured on PVC or cloth in the popular 4×6, 4×4, 3×3 sizes but custom prints are available to suit the size of any table. Come, check it out, but watch your step – it’s slippery and deadly when wet. And it’s always wet in here…

http://www.deepcutstudio.com/

• Avatar Image cruciumgiger67p said 1 year, 11 months ago:

I’m interested in knowing what the quality is like on the cloth mats if anyone has one and what are the pro/cons versus the PVC versions?

• Avatar Image deepcutstudio36p said 1 year, 11 months ago:

cruciumgiger: quality is great, 300 DPI images are handled with ease. Pros – gaming mat fits in our pocked, can be machine-washed and ironed, paint are soaked into the material and will never come off. Cons – if stored folded, then you can see folding lines once the mat is on the table. Some say its a disadvantage, some say it does not affect gameplay at all.

Meanwhile:
    Time for a new release – a gaming mat with urban ruins theme. Available as 4×6, 4×4 or 3×3 in size, manufactured on PVC or cloth, but can be custom tailored to any table size or with any variation of grids or hexes. It was a challenge to find the balance between general rubble and geometry of a city since we wanted it to serve as a universal background for any possible scenery deployment options. Check out more visuals at our gallery and let us know how well we succeeded!

• Avatar Image cruciumgiger67p said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Thanks for replying, I like the look of the new design and can see it being used with a certain Terminator game which is due for release soon.

• Avatar Image deepcutstudio36p said 1 year, 9 months ago:

New gaming mat release! We updated the Badlands design, included more sweet details and tailored it to look better on your tables than before. The new mat comes in PVC or cloth versions and three different sizes (4×6, 4×4 and 3×3) as compared to a single 4×6 size PVC of a previous version. Check out more visuals at our website and let us know what you think!