Beasts of War | Groups | News & Rumors | Forum | GW ends online policy and sets MAP

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The 12 Realms - Dungeonland Kickstarter Coming Soon - Click Here

Group Admins

News & Rumors

Public Group active 4 hours, 22 minutes ago

A single source for members to keep the whole community informed of breaking stories and leaks.

The topics here feed to the homepage so please take care.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
News, Announcements, Kickstarter, Event

GW ends online policy and sets MAP (24 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image redben6817p said 5 days, 14 hours ago:

In possibly the dryest bit of GW news to come out of GAMA (and I did consider making the title ‘More GW news from GAMA’ lol), GW have ended their policy of not allowing their products to be sold online by US retailers. In its place they have introduced a Minimum Advertised Price of 15%. It means retailer can go back to selling GW products online, but not at less than 85% of MSRP.

• Avatar Image warzan8673p said 5 days, 14 hours ago:

This could have an interesting effect. We have had a good number of years of relatively low brand visibility online in the US this may start to have more impact than the ’15% Discount’ would initially suggest.

Got a gaming rumour?
    Then email me at warren@beastsofwar.com
    Anonymity Guaranteed.
  • Avatar Image mage3773p said 5 days, 13 hours ago:

Does that apply to the rest of North America like Canada? Miniwargaming comes to mind.

• Avatar Image redben6817p said 5 days, 12 hours ago:

@warzan

My instinct is that it’s a superior policy to the previous one, which seemed a knee-jerk reaction to them getting caught out by the online market.

@mage

I don’t know, but it would seem likely that if they’ll change the policy in one market they would change it in others that have the same policy as well.

• Avatar Image johnsocp107p said 5 days, 12 hours ago:

I for one am happy about this. I am disappointed that FFG seems to be going the other direction and it is sometimes difficult to get their product. GW seems to be doing a number of very limited releases, so this may be a way to get some of those I miss when they sell out from the GW web store in hours of going live.

–Chris

• Avatar Image mage3773p said 5 days, 12 hours ago:

@redben hope so :)

• Avatar Image andz470p said 5 days, 4 hours ago:

I hope this extends to the Australian market. In the past couple of years 4 online stores I use to buy from stop stocking GW stuff. I don’t know any online stores in Australia now other than GW so I normally bulk buy from OS now.

Follow me on twitter @Andzz79
  • Avatar Image craigwrdouglas136p said 5 days, 3 hours ago:

@mage said:
    Does that apply to the rest of North America like Canada? Miniwargaming comes to mind.

Yes, MWG had to change their business model (to exclusively content) and stop selling through their online store. Matthew next sit and talk will be interesting, which should be in the next two weeks-ish.

Mathew was taking about (guardedly) the discussions they had with GW at the Las Vegas open in his last show and they have agreed to make content with MWG, but Matthew didn’t have any real information on what form that would take.

@johnsocp said:
    I for one am happy about this. I am disappointed that FFG seems to be going the other direction and it is sometimes difficult to get their product. GW seems to be doing a number of very limited releases, so this may be a way to get some of those I miss when they sell out from the GW web store in hours of going live.

–Chris

Bloodbowl was the one that annoyed me – I haven’t been able to get any of the dice or extra pitches.

@johnsocp said:
    I for one am happy about this

Might need to Update your profile image :D

• Avatar Image jamesedwards75p said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

@andz said:
    I hope this extends to the Australian market. In the past couple of years 4 online stores I use to buy from stop stocking GW stuff. I don’t know any online stores in Australia now other than GW so I normally bulk buy from OS now.

MAP is essentially illegal in Australia, so short answer is no, but hopefully it will mean that US and UK online sellers can sell to us. Though that is still unlikely unfortunately.

• Avatar Image andz470p said 5 days ago:

@jamesedwards I pick most my stuff up off Ebay stores. Shipping times aren’t normally to bad as it normally arrives in 2 weeks and I can handle that when it comes to getting up to 40% off Australian prices.

I don’t know what the Australian GW management has done in Australia but I know they’ve driven a lot of resellers away.

• Avatar Image jamesedwards75p said 4 days, 19 hours ago:

@andz said:
    @jamesedwards I pick most my stuff up off Ebay stores …

Is there a good eBay store you can recommend? I am sick of waiting for people to travel to the UK to pick me up sets!

• Avatar Image caladors3689p said 4 days, 19 hours ago:

@jamesedwards said:
    Is there a good eBay store you can recommend? I am sick of waiting for people to travel to the UK to pick me up sets!

http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/bitzgalaxy

Is decent, not the greatest but decent

• Avatar Image rayzryr293p said 4 days, 19 hours ago:

Kay jays games on eBay.com.au
    Not a huge GW selection but the last thing I purchased was at a good price (Betrayal at Calth for $190AU including shipping

One day all the armies will be painted… one day.