Beasts of War | Groups | News & Rumors | Forum | [Relaunch] Iron Wars coming soon

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Legends of Sleepy Hollow Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

News & Rumors

Public Group active 11 hours, 1 minute ago

A single source for members to keep the whole community informed of breaking stories and leaks.

The topics here feed to the homepage so please take care.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
News, Announcements, Kickstarter, Event

[Relaunch] Iron Wars coming soon (38 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image ironleague9p said 4 months ago:

Hi friends:
    After hard months of working, we´ve improved the game Iron League: Black Stadium and the art has changed. Mechs and miniatures are amazing now. The board game has a new full cooperative campaign with map, scenary and enemies generation.
    The competitive mode continues and has been improved.
    So, we also want to change the title of the game, and this is:
    IRON WARS
    In July on Kickstarter. Soon more news.

New Zimman:

Take your Iron robots to victory!
  • Avatar Image spaced2020633p said 4 months ago:

Nice artwork for the ‘New Zimman’. Was I under a rock when Iron League: Black Stadium ran its kickstarter? I sure as heck must have been… Looks very interesting.

“I know not with what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones.” A.E.

@spaced2020 said:
    Nice artwork for the ‘New Zimman’. Was I under a rock when Iron League: Black Stadium ran its kickstarter? I sure as heck must have been… Looks very interesting.

Thanks @spaced2020 Iron League:Black Stadium was on Kickstarter at same time to Kingdom death , but game need improves.
    Now miniatures, art and cooperative mode have been improved and competitive mode hold.

The History:
    Technology changed our past. Firstly gave us improvements, comfort, progress and evolution. But this technology used metals for military purposes. Metal and technology gave us armors and weapons. These armors and weapons got to be Mechs, and these piloted Mechs became very powerful.

In the year 2200 began the war, it was inevitable … metal mixed with technology turned to fire, smoke and destruction.

Nowadays a few cities have survived, and are defended with great metal walls, mazes and gates to prepare a first defense before reaching the city center.

Men are only worth their armor inherited from parents to children. Sometimes armors are made with scrap and pieces of other Mechs, rarely are new designed and most often are stolen on the battlefield. Really there is no longer honor in the war.
    Pirates, mercenaries and traitors attack the cities to conquer them, loot them or steal as much junk and technology as possible.

After so many years you have managed to form a small unit of mercenaries with a few Mechs, mechanics and droids. You vowed to defend those few cities that are still standing. Each time the attacks are harder and less resources are available, but Metal City, the place you was born, can´t fall.

Resine prototype Steel Mech:

• Avatar Image tankkommander32p said 4 months ago:

Open front mech, pilot dead in first 5 seconds of combat.

Nothing crushes freedom as substantially as a Tank.

@tankkommander said:
    Open front mech, pilot dead in first 5 seconds of combat.

Hi @tankkommander ,I love the design but if the backers prefeer cockpit closed, we can thinking about a add-on or Stretch goal with cockpit closed like option.

Resine prototype Iron Mech:

• Avatar Image ironleague9p said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

Some Tiles for 4 players competitive:

New Steel Mech Sheet:

• Avatar Image mage5054p said 3 months, 4 weeks ago:

That is quite an impressive improvement, I like it!

• Avatar Image ironleague9p said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

I need your feedback, what do you prefer Open cockpit mech or closed?
    Do you prefer both and you can custom mech?

I show you an important piece in the game:
    The mechanic:
    It allows you to repair your mechs, extinguish fires, make ammunition … They are very fast, but they are not warriors, so they will flee from combat.
    Most mech weapons require ammunition and it’s limited, so the mechanic can fabricate it with scrap (the Iron Wars coin). We’ll also need to spend scrap for difficult repairs, like mech arms or weapons.
    Iron Wars soon on Kickstarter

• Avatar Image mage5054p said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Closed cockpit makes more sense if guns are being fired.

@mage said:
    Closed cockpit makes more sense if guns are being fired.

@mage We are thinking closed cockpit will add like stretch goal.

• Avatar Image mage5054p said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Then…. why ask for people’s thoughts…

@mage said:
    Then…. why ask for people’s thoughts…

I’ve asked people, because the feedback in various forums is that the cockpit will be closed or you can customize it. For this reason I’m thinking of putting it as stretch goal, at the start cockpit will be opened.