MERCS: Recon Breaches & Takes Over Kickstarter!

March 14, 2014 by brennon

Supported by (Turn Off)

MERCS Minis, now Megacon Games, has unleashed it's MERCS: Recon Kickstarter on the world and it has already smashed it's goal and many of it's stretch goals to. The fundraiser is off to an amazing start and it has some awesome models and components on offer.

MERCS Recon Boxes

The game is a board game style co-operative affair set in the MERCS universe where you and other players take on the role of a squad of soldiers sent to infiltrate and take something from an opposing MegaCons facility. It isn't going to be that easy however with a security force hell bent on stopping you, driven by an in-game AI that gets tougher as you do better.

Stretch Goals

The campaign currently sits at around the $155k mark and that means the pack of Security Force I miniatures it out there and so is the Counter Threat selection. Assassination Protocol's additional stuff is also very close.

EU Inc Models

What excites me most is these guys. The one corporation that I have wanted to delve into the most is EU Inc and I love that they are going to be coming along in plastic! I have been wavering on the edge concerning the Russian faction for MERCS but if EU also make it to the tabletop alongside the Recon game then I am sold.

Counter Threat

Assassination Protocol

Above is what you get in both of the sets on offer. It sounds like a nice chock-a-block full selection of miniatures and components and the game appears to play quite well to. You can check out the first part of the gameplay video at the top of this article.

MERCS: Recon Beta Rules!

Will you pledge?

Supported by (Turn Off)

Supported by (Turn Off)

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games

Related Categories