Beasts of War | Groups | News & Rumors | Forum | Necromunda Returns

Beasts of War Homepage

Join The Team Yankee Firestorm Red Thunder Online Campaign Today! - Click Here

Group Admins

News & Rumors

Public Group active 39 minutes ago

A single source for members to keep the whole community informed of breaking stories and leaks.

The topics here feed to the homepage so please take care.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
News, Announcements, Kickstarter, Event

Necromunda Returns (19 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image onlyonepinman4636p said 5 days, 2 hours ago:

Announced on Warhammer Community this morning, the news so many of us have been waiting for… Necromunda is coming back.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

There’s not much by way of rules yet but the game is being released with House Goliath and House Escher, and the miniatures look absolutely amazing.

• Avatar Image kantor72304p said 5 days, 2 hours ago:

So pleased it’s back :D . I have a Van Saar gang from back in the day, i can’t wait to see the re-sculpts.

• Avatar Image andre77206p said 5 days, 2 hours ago:

My Redeemer and his gang of redemptionists are warming up their flammers.

• Avatar Image elysium6472p said 5 days ago:

I will definitely be up for this, having House Esher as one of the starter box gangs is a big plus for me, and the previewed models look fantastic. Like many others I hope the maintain the between game options that really added to the story of your gand rather than simplify the whole process down as they have done with recent releases.

• Avatar Image angelicdespot894p said 5 days ago:

The models look really, really nice. Can’t wait to see what they do for scenery. There are so many options from other companies these days, in card, MDF, plastic and even probably resin, that creating a great gaming table will be easy (if expensive).

I hope they modernise the rules though, much as I really enjoyed playing campaigns using the 2nd-Ed 40K derived onces back in the day.

• Avatar Image caladors4167p said 5 days ago:

I think this will be just so amazing to add some options to other teams like IG and Genestealer cult who will be able to just up and steal those models to use for there own, and hopefully, they will be not easy fit but fully integrable models which would be amazing!

I also have a lot of shadow war terrain for this so I am looking forward to it :D

• Avatar Image frankelee99p said 4 days, 22 hours ago:

Those look like Forge World minis. Expensive hobby purchases incoming!

• Avatar Image kommissar351p said 4 days, 22 hours ago:

More info on the War of Sigmar site, from someone who says they spoke to Andy Hoare at the Forge World Open Day:

- The game system will be based on Warhammer 40,000 8th edition mechanics, but tailored to skirmish play.
    - There will be Action Points system used to activate gangers, similar to Space Hulk. Different actions will cost different points.
    - Release schedule will be similar to Blood Bowl, with a limited edition preview release, followed by a full proper release.
    - Core box will contain Escher and Goliath gangs, plus terrain from Shadow War Armageddon. The rules will allow for play as we were used to on the gangways and towers, but also in tunnels, making use of the Zone Mortalis terrain.
    - All of the gangs from the original game and its expansions will return along with new gangs.

According to the article, the game will have full plastic support.

• Avatar Image iceeagle85195p said 4 days, 22 hours ago:

@frankelee said:
    Those look like Forge World minis. Expensive hobby purchases incoming!

They are multipart plastic models, something FW doesn’t do. But of course we do not know if FW will make some minsi for it like they do for BB.

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman4636p said 4 days, 21 hours ago:

@Frankelee according to this source:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2318

It’s all hard plastic so I would expect this game to weigh in at a similar price to Bloodbowl, or maybe Shadow Wars if it contains plastic scenery

• Avatar Image frankelee99p said 4 days, 21 hours ago:

@onlyonepinman said:
    @Frankelee according to this source:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2318

It’s all hard plastic so I would expect this game to weigh in at a similar price to Bloodbowl, or maybe Shadow Wars if it contains plastic scenery

Ahh, even better.

• Avatar Image angelicdespot894p said 4 days, 21 hours ago:

I was tied up earlier this year and missed Armageddon but also wasn’t paying attention when Bloodbowl re-released. What is meant by a preview release followed by a general one? Just that an initial print run sold out? Or like with Shadow Wars, the set with the book and terrain were only sold separately after an initial release?

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman4636p said 4 days, 21 hours ago:

@angelicdespot said:
    What is meant by a preview release followed by a general one

I think you might have misread the article. What it says is that at the moment what you are seeing is a preview and it will be launched commercially within similar time-scales to Bloodbowl (i.e. the same length of time from preview to launch). Blood Bowl was released either December or November 2016 but was previewed in May 2016, meaning a potential 6-7 month window. However, they’re also saying “by the end of the year”. I would be surprised if GW opt for an early 2018 release of this rather than a 2017, I would expect they will want it out in time for the Christmas shopping season

• Avatar Image kommissar351p said 4 days, 21 hours ago:

@angelicdespot, it means GW will make the game available to order, probably a couple of months before release, but as a “while stocks last” run. After that, the game will be released proper. As for release format beyond the “preview” run, we can only speculate.

• Avatar Image divineauthority203p said 4 days, 18 hours ago:

Out before Xmas after to speaking to Andy Hoare and Tony Cotterell!

Alternate activations, new skill trees, at least 6 plastic gangs (each model with a ranged and a combat option) with resin weapon upgrades to be made available too. This game sounds like it’ll be pretty awesome.

Walking in circles keeps the horizon far away.