Beasts of War | Groups | News & Rumors | Forum | Finished at NZ$ 126,296 and 901 backers – PrintableScenery.com new KS – Rampage Gothic – 3d Printabl

Beasts of War Homepage

Grab your Aristeia Box Today - Click Here

Group Admins

News & Rumors

Public Group active 5 minutes ago

A single source for members to keep the whole community informed of breaking stories and leaks.

The topics here feed to the homepage so please take care.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
News, Announcements, Kickstarter, Event

Finished at NZ$ 126,296 and 901 backers – PrintableScenery.com new KS – Rampage Gothic – 3d Printabl (26 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image billroy24p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

PrintableScenery.com has just launched its latest KS campaign, ‘Rampage Gothic – 3d Printable Scenery Building System’

Rampage Gothic – 3d Printable Scenery Building System KS by PrintableScenery now LIVE

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/rampage-gothic-3d-printable-scenery-building-syste/description

[/img]https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/018/031/011/5195a56ec94bccc66407324dd73af588_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1503475664&auto=format&q=92&s=47d119ca20f29aef83b20497ee290c5d[/img]

The initial stretch goals are:

The kickstarter has already passed its ‘funding’ level.

UPDATE:

First 4 stretch goals unlocked in literally just over one hour. Currently funding stands at NZ $ 13,297 – WOW!!!!

• Avatar Image homestead10p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Printable Scenery is top notch. The models are fantastic and they always deliver.

Stretch Goals #’s 5 & 6 are now unlocked.

Looks like this is going to be PrintableScenery’s biggest KS yet.

Great looking Gothic designs and still Dwarven designs to come.

(These designs are going to be great for loads of different kinds of gaming tables. ;) )

UPDATE

Stretch Goal #7 now unlocked.

• Avatar Image georgesealy166p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

I’ve back all their Kickstarters now, and they always deliver quality models, faster than I can get them printed! Despite my current huge backlog, I’ve happily backed Matt and team again.

@georgesealy – Totally agree.

Just got up and already this kickstarter is approaching the $30k mark and unlocking the 10th stretch goal. It must be all those GW fans coming onboard, as well as us veterans of Matt’s previous kickstarters. :)

Well stretch goals #’s 11 and 12 are now unlocked.

Besides the steampunk Dwarven theme included Matt has said in the comments that there will also be classic Drarven stretch goals (get your hammers and pick axes ready everyone).

The link to the kickstarter itself is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/rampage-gothic-3d-printable-scenery-building-syste/description

Some new images have been published of the proposed close up detail of the Cathedral designs.

• Avatar Image billroy24p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Well not really a surprise I guess at this stage but stretch goal # 14 has unlocked and now approaching unlocking stretch goal # 15. :)

There are also 4 new stretch goals announced:

NZ$ 51,000 ….. Cathedral Ruins

NZ$ 54,000 ….. Industrial Ruins

NZ$ 57,000 ….. Demon Buttresses

NZ$ 60,000 ….. Dwarven Windows

Also announced yesterday was one of the upcoming ‘add-ons’ (which will be added to the campaign in this coming week).

The ‘Necromacer Tower

This kickstarter is looking better and better all the time.

• Avatar Image caladors4770p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

This all super nice stuff, I don’t have a 3D printer, but hot damn I wish I did now.

Well all this will be available from the PrintableScenery ‘licenced printers’ (including us of course :) ) when the files are available. But the kickstarter is definitely the way to go for those that have a 3d printer.

Stretch goal #16 is unlocked, the ‘Dwarven Tribute Wall’.

Next stretch goal is ‘Ruined Cathedral’.

The link to the kickstarter is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/rampage-gothic-3d-printable-scenery-building-syste/description

• Avatar Image beef557022p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks gorgeous reminds me of pegasus gothic scenery, which I have a lot of.
    A few questions:
    1 how much would it cost to have printed per piece on average
    2 Are there companies that can do the printing for me as I dont have a 3d printer
    3 Are they in the UK as importing this stuff from outside the EU would be very expensive
    4 would it be worth buying a cheap 3d printer and doing my own , would the quality of the final prints do them justice.
    Thanks in advance
    Rob

@beef5570
    A few questions:
    1 how much would it cost to have printed per piece on average
    2 Are there companies that can do the printing for me as I dont have a 3d printer
    3 Are they in the UK as importing this stuff from outside the EU would be very expensive
    4 would it be worth buying a cheap 3d printer and doing my own , would the quality of the final prints do them justice.
    Thanks in advance
    Rob

Hi Beef,

The answer to your questions (I hope), but not in order, hopefully you will understand why.

Q. 2 & 3) There are presently 6 ‘licenced printers’ for PrintableScenery.com, 3 in the USA, I in Canada, 1 in France, and 1 in the UK ( ‘us’ :) ). Each of the ‘licenced printers’ has access to all the PrintableScenery designs and can print them directly for customers.

Matt at PrintableScenery though only issues the designs to the licenced printers at the same time he sends them to backers of the kickstarter, therefore they are NOT available as printed models before backers get the designs also.

Q. 4) It could well be worth your while getting a 3d printer and printing them yourself rather than turning to one of motley bunch of ‘licenced printers’. However, there is a bit of a learning curve to 3d printing and each model of printer is different with different capabilities and producing different results. (Our workhorses are our original Prusa Mk 2s and Mk 2s’s. They cost about £566 – £809 each presently depending on whether you buy a kit one or a ready built one. (I always advise buying the ready built one if you can, it gives you more consumer rights and besides that it has been fully tested after being built by the Prusa company. ;) )

There are other machines available as well, I am presently trying out a Creality CR-10, but I have not yet put it through its paces fully so cannot not yet give a recommendation on it. It is cheaper than the Prusa and each of the 3 variants has a larger build volume than the Prusa does. But we will wait and see how it is performing in a month or two’s time before we decide to recommend it or not to others. There is also a myriad of other 3d printers on the market, many have good points and some are very cheap in comparrison, however, the one thing I ALWAYS advise is to stay away from very cheap Prusa clones (usually from China). Having said that some Chinese companies are now tackling the problem of quality control and trying to establish themselves on reputation rather than just price point (Including ‘Creality’ mentioned above and ‘Wanhao).

Another important tip is avoid printers that require you to use their own software to slice a design, this is normally not as well supported as open source or commercially available software. The last thing to desperately avoid are printers that require you to use only that manufacturers filament – this is normally expensive and can cost you an arm and a leg in the long run AND you are also dependent on that company alone for your filament.

There are of course more expensive machines as well, for a newcomer these may seem a brilliant solution, but we print commercially on Prusa’s for a reason. ;)

And ‘yes’ the pieces you print can be as good as those produced by us commercial printers, when you know what you are doing that is. As I said above there is a learning curve.

Q. 1) This is impossible to say at the moment as the price depends mainly on two things, 1) how much filament is used in doing the print, and 2) the length of time printing the model. As we do not have access to the files of these designs at the moment it is impossible to say. Perhaps the best indication of price would be to have a look at our website to see what other prints cost (and yes we know the website is atrocious at the moment – hence a brand new one is launching at the end of October :) ). (The website is http://www.cbr3d.com.)

Beef, I hope I have answered your questions or at least given advice that is useful. But also remember besides buying from the ‘licenced printers’ of course wwhere you do not have to have backed the kickstarter, the actual backers of the kickstarter can get the files and get others to print those for them, including commercially.

Beef, hope the above helps. If I can help in any other way just post here or drop me a message.

• Avatar Image beef557022p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks for the reply.
    At the moment I cant really justify the time or expense of a 3d printer, so my options would be buy the stl files and get them printed by someone else or wait for you to get the files and buy them from you, ready printed.
    I’m leaning toward the get them ready built from you option, but that will really depend on price.
    thanks again

The ‘Cathedral Ruins’ stretch goal has been unlocked.

The next stretch goal is the ‘Industrial Ruins’.

It has also been confirmed by Matt that he will be putting up ‘add-ons’ on Friday of this week.

As always the link to the kickstarter is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/rampage-gothic-3d-printable-scenery-building-syste/description