Beasts of War | Groups | News & Rumors | Forum | UK Games Expo 2018 in association with…?

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

News & Rumors

Public Group active 6 hours, 22 minutes ago

A single source for members to keep the whole community informed of breaking stories and leaks.

The topics here feed to the homepage so please take care.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
News, Announcements, Kickstarter, Event

UK Games Expo 2018 in association with…? (10 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Games Workshop!

Games Workshop at the UK Games Expo 2018

From what appeared to be a last minute decision to attend last year to sponsoring the whole thing is quite a step. I expected them to be in attendance but certainly wasn’t expecting this. I’m assuming that sponsoring the event is likely to land them some prime “real estate” for their stall but, even so it’s great to see GW supporting the event so strongly and openly.

• Avatar Image bobcockayne141p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Well fan me down with a tank track!

Should have taken a left at Alberqurquie.
  • Avatar Image mage5493p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

That is a surprise. A pleasant one.

To clarify they’re a Major Sponsor as opposed to an associate sponsor. I don’t know what the differences are although I suspect that it’s not technically in association with Games Workshop

• Avatar Image darthcheese373p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

I wonder if they will have more of a presence at Salute and other shows next year?

• Avatar Image nakchak4290p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

the only difference i could see for major sponsors vs associates at this years expo was position and size of stands, i.e. Hawk was a major sponsor for 2017 and there stand was pretty much the first one you came to as you entered the main hall, and was the same size if not bigger than GW’s, and they had a fair chunk of content in the program and larger logos, i dare say that there is more of a distinction behind the scenes but thats what it looked like from the attendees point of view…

There is no ignominy, there is glory,
    There is no servitude, there is dominance,
    There is no defeat, there is victory… victory eternal!
  • Avatar Image redben7894p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

There’s no mystery to the difference between them. It’s on page 10 -

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/downloads/2018UKGEExhibitorsGuide.pdf

I thought GW were late arrivals last year though which might have reflected their location and available space. I expect they will have a large stand this year though

@redben so it appears that Major Sponsor is pretty the top tier of sponsorship so maybe I was right, maybe it isn’t inaccurate to say “In association with”. Although to be fair I think it’s in association with anyone who sponsors the event. I was just trying to generate a bit of click bait with the thread title. It’s just how I roll

• Avatar Image original0timmy84p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

@onlyonepinman said:
    I thought GW were late arrivals last year though which might have reflected their location and available space. I expect they will have a large stand this year though

Their stand this year was pretty big but pretty empty everytime I walked past on the friday