Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Agis’ SW Legion minis

Beasts of War Homepage

Fantasy Flight Games World Championships 2018 Streaming Live May 1st to 6th - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 4 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Agis’ SW Legion minis (27 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image agis490p said 1 month ago:

OK, one day later. After much whining I got my sxxx together and painted Captain Rex. Since it was confirmed in Rebels that he fought on Endor, I just had to paint him.

See:

I also put him side by side with some other minis, the Rebels are not as tall as the Stormtrooper, so I might be able to sneak in some Imperial Assault minis!

Han (IA), Rex (Legion), Chewie (IA) – works!

Hera (IA), Rex (Legion), Chopper (IA) – works!

Tanith 1st Infantryman (GW 28mm), Rex (Legion 35mm), WWII US Inafntryman (Artizan 28mm) – no way!

more as always on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis – http://www.adpublishing.de

• Avatar Image mage6120p said 1 month ago:

Damn dude pretty solid start right there.

• Avatar Image davehawes386p said 1 month ago:

Seeing Rex, Hera and Chopper like that is just great!

Check out my fantasy miniatures game Deneb!
    Forum Topic
    Website
  • Avatar Image a27cromwell91p said 1 month ago:

Looking good . And that’s the Han Solo I’m looking for , much better pose the the Legion version

• Avatar Image agis490p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

I finally painted some more minis.

I worked on some more Rebels. Even bigger than Rex! The trooper left is the Legion Duros trooper with a head swap and some extra shoulder pads, the right trooper received a heroic scale Statuesque female head.
    Works fine IMO since the coat is so formless it could also be a female under it. ;)

And my favourte mini mix so far:

Chopper, Ashoka, Rex and Hera!

More pics and more comparison pics are on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

• Avatar Image a27cromwell91p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Very simple but effective conversions . I’m adding some GW Cadian bits ,like ammo pouches and grenades to my Rebels , making them a little more military than the army surplus store look they come with . Will have to see if I can find a few GW heads to use when I get another set

• Avatar Image boaz142p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

As always Agus … looks great AND less filling …

(Old beer ad pun)

And thanks for the size match up … size dose matter …

Min-Maxing the mathhammer since 1st edition.
  • Avatar Image agis490p said 3 weeks, 3 days ago:

He, he, thanks folks!

An extra day off is always welcome, I used the time to finish the 1st Rebel squad:

I even took some extra time to create a nice scenic shot, Lens flare and all…

More as always on my site: http://www.adpublishing.de/html/legion.html

• Avatar Image kamaron248p said 3 weeks, 3 days ago:

Those are sooo cool. Lovely work, I loved that Rex is now main cannon. :D

• Avatar Image agis490p said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

And the WIP conversions for the next Rebel squad.

Left: Head swap with Statuesque minis, bottle, helmet from Victoria minis.
    Leader: bendy WotC head, Grenades and arms from GW IG
    Right: extra shoulder pads from Anvil Industries.
    :)

• Avatar Image a27cromwell91p said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

Nice work again, That middle guy is awesome , scary even !. He might work in game like Core Space if he scales right . Always nice to have minis that fit 2 or 3 different games . Would the Gatling style gun have an ammo belt or power cord to the back pack in the Star Wars universe ? Mine feels like it missing something , what do you think ? Guess I shouldn’t have watched the Predator movie again after seeing those minis the other day

• Avatar Image agis490p said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Thanks a27cromwell, I had the same feeling when looking at the Gatling gun.
    Where is the ammo coming from? ;)
    But the kit comes as it is, so I might leave it that way.

• Avatar Image davehawes386p said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Well I think it’s up for your own interpretation, plenty of room for that in Star Wars generally. However, if you had to press me for an answer, looking at the EU/Legends wookipedia article on what I think is the right weapon (Z-6 rotary blaster) it says…

“The rotary blaster cannon required a power pack to operate; after 200 shots, the power pack must be replaced. This weapon could also be attached to a power generator for longer use. It weighed 16 kg and cost 5,500 credits, but its sale was restricted for military use only.[1]”

src: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Z-6_rotary_blaster_cannon/Legends

• Avatar Image collins225p said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

@agis i am loving the idea of headswaps, a brilliant way to add variety to the rebels! i may have to steal that for my own project

• Avatar Image a27cromwell91p said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

I’m going to run a power cord from the gun to his pack . 3 other troopers have the same hard shell square pack , so maybe they are carrying an extra power pack / ammo load for the gun . He would just dump his pack when empty , take one off a comrade , plug in and fire . Sort of like every man carrying an ammo box or two for the squad MG in WW2 . I know I’ve seen US forces in Afganistan with a large square pack ( 500 rounds ? ) and the flexible ammo belt tube over the shoulder for the 5.56 squad MG . Other guys carry extra packs as you burn through them in short order on full auto