Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Aly by Black Veil Models – A Gorilla with a Brush PLOG

Beasts of War Homepage

HEROES OF FALLEN FRONTIERS on Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 9 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Aly by Black Veil Models – A Gorilla with a Brush PLOG (7 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image gorillawithabrush926p said 5 days, 3 hours ago:

I’m a bit behind posting this, but I started on Aly by Black Veil Models several weeks ago and thought I would start documenting some of it here. I am painting her totally on stream (www.twitch.tv/gorillawithabrush), so I don’t have lots of WIP shots of each color. Instead, I have lots of videos and update pics from the end of each stream.

I started off working on her skin…

And then finished off the skin and painted her eyes. This video talks about how I did the eyes and also gives tips and a demonstration for painting more basic eyes that are still really believable [a very nice technique that is pretty easy and usually gives better results for newer painters than dotting the eyes later, which usually makes a model look like it's staring or in shock]. I also started working on her white cotton t-shirt in the video.

Interested in following my painting progress? I post WIP pictures after each painting session and am happy to chat about the hobby any time. Facebook: @GorillaPainter; Twitter: @GorillaBrush; Website: http://www.gorillawithabrush.com; Twitch Streaming: https://www.twitch.tv/gorillawithabrush

In the next session I painted the basic pattern for her camo pants. They were finished off in the next session.

In this session I finished off her camo pants, did some more work on the white cotton t-shirt, and started her jean shorts.

In the next stream (broken into two parts because my stream crashed near the end), I worked on her green shirt (including painting a logo on the back that is wearing off) and finished her shorts. The shirt needs more work, and I’ll start on that next time.

• Avatar Image andre77468p said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

This will be a ride to watch. Bookmarked.

• Avatar Image emptynessisform1098p said 4 days, 6 hours ago:

your a legend mate. thanks so much for doing this. BoW are missing a trick not having this front page.

• Avatar Image gorillawithabrush926p said 4 days, 2 hours ago:

Thanks @andre77 and @emptynessisform. :D