Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Beasts of War vs. Hurricane Irma – a ”Battle Report.”

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Legends of Sleepy Hollow Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 35 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Beasts of War vs. Hurricane Irma – a ”Battle Report.” (46 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image oriskany11373p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

First off, a thousand and one thanks to everyone who reached out to Jennifer ( @gladesrunner ) and I about the storm coming in. You thoughts and wishes were most appreciated.

And I don’t know, Beasts of War community, you may be more powerful than you think! :D All these wishes and thoughts and prayers seemed to have nudged the storm’s epicenter west of our location at the last possible hour, sparing us the very worst of the storm. I don’t know how many of you got together, how much manna you had to pool into your spell, but it worked! Three things: Thank you, use your power responsibly, and thank you again! :D

Still we got hit pretty hard. 110 mph (180 kph) winds. Fortress Oriskany, however, stood the onslaught pretty well.

Last night at 19:00 local, at dusk:

Massive tree damage. These things went flying into some people’s cars and totally took out our power.

Road out of our complex was totally blocked. At the moment, we were trapped.

This sign came out of the ground, concrete at all.

October 7, 1777240th Anniversary – Second Battle of Freeman’s Farm (Saratoga)
    aftermath-01.jpg
    aftermath-02.jpg
    aftermath-03.jpg
    aftermath-04.jpg

The morning after:

I started with a couple of handsaws to cut our way out of this mess. Before I knew it I had a “neighbors’ militia” of six men helping me. We had this ripped apart and our community’s roads clear in no time.

The final tally for the day:

WE ARE STILL HERE!

Power is still out (miserable in Florida heat) – and internet is spotty where I can find it. But we’re out of the worst it. Thanks again for all the wishes, thoughts, and messages!

aftermath-05.jpg
    aftermath-06.jpg
    aftermath-07.jpg
  • Avatar Image seldon91629p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Glad to hear you’re both ok! I hope the worst is over for you now.

• Avatar Image buggeroff345p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Good to hear you’re all ok :)

• Avatar Image warzan9782p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Great stuff @oriskany and @gladesrunner

Very relieved you guys are good! Just waiting to hear from the guys at @firelockgames to see if Miami has past the worst yet

Got a gaming rumour?
    Then email me at warren@beastsofwar.com
    Anonymity Guaranteed.
  • Avatar Image yavasa1204p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Good news! Best wishes to both of you @oriskany and @gladesrunner :)

My blog: http://www.malefigurkowo.blogspot.com
    Turn 16 – a miracle for the British. Would you f***ing believe those bicycle grandpas have just destroyed a full platoon of fallschirmjäger? It has required an incredible series of dice rolls.” @oriskany
  • Avatar Image avernos1255p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

great news Jim, you weathered the storm rightly. My heart goes out to those less fortunate at the moment.

Thanks, @seldon9@buggeroff . :D

Miami is definitely out of the storm. (Damned thing is up in Georgia, hitting Atlanta at this point) Miami took a very heavy hit, though (120 mph winds, two high-rise construction cranes failing downtown). Would definitely want to hear how the guys at @firelockgames came though it.

Thanks, @yavasa and @avernos – Indeed, the west coast of Florida was hit much harder, and of course some of the Caribbean islands took it worst of all.

• Avatar Image torros3670p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Glad your both ok. Looks like shooting at the Hurricane worked after all ;)

• Avatar Image thisisazrael153p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Really glad to hear that all is well @oriskany

Amazing work on the scoreboard <3

Az

• Avatar Image gremlin125p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

So glad you are all OK

• Avatar Image rasmus4299p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Good to hear from you – not a battle report I suggest you repeat ;)

Official graduate of the Oriskany Operational Warfare Military Gaming Academy
    Warrens personal Viking Henchman
  • Avatar Image onlyonepinman5010p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Wow, I hadn’t realised you were in Florida. Glad to hear you’re both OK and I hope everyone else in the region is safe and well.

• Avatar Image biggabum2410p said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Glad to hear your both Ok. I can’t imagine how scary that must have been.