Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Biscuits Armies on Parade 2018!!!!!

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Legends of Sleepy Hollow Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 2 hours, 15 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Biscuits Armies on Parade 2018!!!!! (16 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image brushbashingbiscuit11p said 1 week, 2 days ago:

This is my attempt to get a 40K force ready for Armies on Parade at my local Games Workshop for next year (2018)
    I’ve just got back into painting again and it’s 1 thing I’ve always wanted to do. I’m a really slow painter and thought by posting this up the community may help to spur me on :0)
    I’ve always thought about coming up with my own second founding chapter from 1 of the 20 Space Marine chapters and i’m thinking of linking them to the raven guard. Hopefully the force will consist of the 2 forces. I’ve painted 1 marine up, come up with a chapter symbol and named them……………….PILLARS OF FORTITUDE!

I’ll get some pics on as soon as and hopefully look forward to any comments.

So here’s my first Pillars of Fortitude primaris marine. The only thing I want to change on it it is the sword don’t like the gold or the red handle on it. Everything else I’m pleased with.

wp_20171011_21_32_48_pro_li-2.jpg
  • Avatar Image gorillawithabrush548p said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Looks really good! Nice shading and color choices. :)

Interested in following my painting progress? I post WIP pictures after each painting session and am happy to chat about the hobby any time. Facebook: @GorillaPainter; Twitter: @GorillaBrush; Website: http://www.gorillawithabrush.com

@gorillawithabrush thanks buddy, he came out quite well. I had a quick flick through your website and really impressed. Some excellent paint jobs you got there!! I’m very jealous of your ability :0)

The chapter symbol. I was after something simple that I could freehand quite easily

wp_20171011_21_33_12_pro_li-2.jpg

The model I’m working on at the mo……(along with all the others that i get sidetracked to never finishing, haha)…….is a primaris chaplain. I loved the look of this model when I first saw it and then when I saw it’s raven guard paint job in the codex I thought I’m painting it just like that. It’s coming on well, just the highlights really to finish it and the base.

Hope you all like

wp_20171011_21_28_39_pro_li-2.jpg
  • Avatar Image inu53164p said 1 week, 2 days ago:

The chapter symbol works really well, nice freehand there. I also like the look of your colour scheme and am looking forward to seeing your chaplain finished up!

• Avatar Image beardragon141604p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

You may be slow my friend but your quality is excellent . Keep at it

Likes: KoW, DS, DB, DZ, WP, AoS, LotR/H, BB, BtGoA, K47, GB, WM/H, AW and acronyms :-)
    Also likes: Dwarfs, Beer, Family, Good Friends, and Women with no taste in Men (thank god for them)
  • Avatar Image divineauthority217p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Very lovely smooth paint jobs but don’t forget to clean those mold lines and sprue gates! :P

Walking in circles keeps the horizon far away.
  • Avatar Image olliep873p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

As above, clean those mould lines!! :)

• Avatar Image brushstroke1442p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Nice looking colour scheme man… As a fellow slow painter I completely relate to you looking to aim for next year’s Armies on Parade. I did exactly the same this year and have slowly chipped away all year and I’m pleased to say it looks like I’m going to have a decent looking parade board to enter.

Keep posting WIP pics to motivate yourself to get things finished and take it steady… you will get there :)

You can also follow my painting jibber jabber on Facebook

• Avatar Image brushbashingbiscuit11p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

@inu53 I’m looking forward to posting the finished mini……….hopefully not too long!
    @beardragon14 Thanks buddy
    @divineauthority @olliep hahaha unfortunately that is one of many worse flaws………I miss the mould lines all the time and cut the sprues too close to the model causing those horrible diverts!!!! I’ll try my best on the rest of them ;)
    @brushstroke Really! Man I would love to see some pics of your army, have you got some to show off? When’s your Armies on Parade?

• Avatar Image brushstroke1442p said 1 week ago:

@brushbashingbiscuit my store is only tiny so they’re not able to do the Armies on Parade over two weeks like GW want them to do this year… instead they’re just doing the one day like usual and it’s first weekend in November

Here’s some links to pics of my stuff so far…. doesn’t seem right to clog your parade thread up with my pics… so hopefully you won’t mind looking at my FaceBook page :)

Army progress:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1768311553410101.1073741864.1691782607729663&type=1&l=875190ff7e

Display board progress:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1907990922775496.1073741872.1691782607729663&type=1&l=def88a7c4c

• Avatar Image brushbashingbiscuit11p said 3 days, 8 hours ago:

@brushstroke mate I’m really impressed looks great, you’ll have to post on here and let us know how you get on.

• Avatar Image brushbashingbiscuit11p said 2 days, 22 hours ago:

So its been a bit slow this past week and haven’t had time to do much hobbying because unfortunately life has got in the way haha. But I’m going to post this as I now have a new kitchen/HOBBYING table that I’ve made :0)

I know it’s not my ‘parade projects but I’m going to be doing most of it on it hahaha
    Hopefully get something proper up soon!

wp_20171017_19_57_57_pro_li-2.jpg