Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Blessed of Nurgle, Dark Imperium Death Guard

Beasts of War Homepage

Join The Team Yankee Firestorm Red Thunder Online Campaign Today! - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 1 hour, 14 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Blessed of Nurgle, Dark Imperium Death Guard (22 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image malevolentmc127p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Hey everyone.. It’s been a long while since I’ve posted here, but I’m back with some more.

As with most, I’ve been swirled up in the excitement for 8th edition and as a long time 40k fan I’ve been reading a lot and really bracing myself for the eventual take over.. In addition to making like 4 Killteams for SWA at the same time..
    Last year my State (Utah) got a Warhammer store for the first time, and I’ve tried to play my part in support it.
    The manager there was kind enough to let me step to the Death Guard Marines of the box set having seen some of my work.

It’s been one hell of a project and Is biting into other commission times like crazy, but it’s been a blast! These models are amazing.

Anyway, no more talk. Peep the WIP photos of some models. More soon, as I finish them!

Still got work to do.. So i’ma get back to it.

Much peace,

Malev

Malev Da Shinobi / Malev Minis
    20170612_172956.jpg
    20170612_172912.jpg
  • Avatar Image wrinklestiltskin69p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

These looks awesome. I really enjoy your color choices, like the muted greens on the armor or the fumes from the icon and censer.

• Avatar Image kantor72312p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Holy s***, if that’s just your WIP, i may never pick up a brush again. Awesome :D .

• Avatar Image lightsout1985423p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Bravo, amazing stuff there!

• Avatar Image beardragon141423p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Absolutely magnificent. I agree with @kantor72, if that is your WIP I am never posting one of my models ever again. Really beautiful work. Love the colour palette. …………. and I am very envious of the fact you have your starter box already …….

Likes: KoW, DS, DB, DZ, WP, AoS, LotR/H, BB, BtGoA, K47, GB, WM/H, AW and acronyms :-)
    Also likes: Dwarfs, Beer, Family, Good Friends, and Women with no taste in Men (thank god for them)
  • Avatar Image voidifremoved113p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Those are some awesome painted models. I’d be happy with them as-is, let alone as a WIP!

Ahhh, my brodas – Thanks so much for the kind words! It’s nice to read such things after being within the paint dungeons for many hours interacting with no one other than imaginary Plastic characters in front of you. Thank you! @beardragon14 I actually don’t technically have the box yet, just these DG Marines – Painting them for the Local Warhammer store.

I’m back though, with a bit more progress.. These guys are nearing the finish line. I’m realizing that I have to leave some details unpainted in order to paint all the other DG to this level without actually perishing before Saturday.

This is the back end of the Lord, sweet cape !

And, I finished the bone segments on the Blightbringer. Small update there.

Okay.. so, another indepth session is in order for today. I’ll be back with more updates.

Much peace,

Malev

20170613_015344.jpg
    20170612_225601.jpg
  • Avatar Image mage4556p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

How did you achieve the brown on the horns and straps on the weapon? Im bad at leather/browns and such :)

@mage The Straps as picture are insanely simple. Mournfang brown + Agrax Wash. The end. There is no highlighting present in the photos.

Horns are a bit more work; But Zandri Dust Base > Agrax Shade > Zandri Dust re-apply to raised areas > Bleached Bone Highlight > Pallid Wych Flesh final highlight.

Back to share the 99% complete Blight Bringer.

More painting today ! I’ll be back with Updates tonight.

Much peace,

Malev

20170613_155721.jpg
  • Avatar Image grimcrazy287p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Amazing :-) Have you thought of YouTube tutorials – even a quick display and talk through? :-)

• Avatar Image milmaa179p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Wow @malevolentmc! these are superb mate, really inspiring ! I’ll be watching :)

• Avatar Image wrinklestiltskin69p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

That cloak on the chaos lord is super awesome. Love those colors.

• Avatar Image nakchak4050p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Fantastic work I concur the minis are fantastic saw them up close at games expo UK and they are stunning, probably the best box set minis since space hulk 3rd/4th in my opinion….

There is no ignominy, there is glory,
    There is no servitude, there is dominance,
    There is no defeat, there is victory… victory eternal!

@grimcrazy I have my man, but just kind of don’t have the means to make the sort of content I want to make right at this time. It’s a goal I’m working towards though. Thanks man

@milmaa @wrinklestiltskin @nakchak

Thanks so much my brodas, very pleased that you like it ! Duncan Dropped the video today about how to paint the Lord of Contagion / Deathguard models. It’s similar, but slightly different than mine in the end, but the results look pretty sweet.

Yesterday I grinded on the 7 models for the CSM squad.
    here’s a snap of them in progress..

And this is a closeup of the Sarge, he was actually the first model I paint of the entire set and I painted him to completion to get my head around the scheme.

I have to finish the CSM today and Begin work on the BlightDrone. Only 2 more days to complete everything…..

Much peace,

Malev

20170615_023811.jpg
    20170609_183434.jpg
  • Avatar Image roguellama38p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Incredible work! Good luck with the rest of the minis.