Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Burrows & Badgers Collection

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 1 hour, 1 minute ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Burrows & Badgers Collection (37 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image brennon3168p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

In an effort to keep it all in one place, I thought I’d build a post which covers all of the Burrows & Badgers painting I’ve been doing over the past few months. Some of the pictures are old (and terrible) so bear with me!

First up we have my newest model, Red Coat (Mouse Ranger) known as ‘Red’ for short by his friends.

Following on from him we have Roac, named after the Raven in The Hobbit. A wise and noble fellow.

Looking back over my previous paint jobs we also have one of the Mice that I picked up including Martyn…

….and these Badgers which I had a lot of fun with (sorry for the blur!)

Last but not least I have the Dog Swashbuckler known as Reuben, painted to match one of my friend’s dogs as inspiration.

I’ll see if I can get some better pictures of these in the near future with better lighting just to show them off. I can safely say they have been some of the miniatures I’ve enjoyed painting the most.

I actually use highlighting and shading on them which is usually a step I ignore!

The models are from this range here: http://www.oathswornminiatures.co.uk/

…and as a final word, a big thank you to both Michael & Jo for being so supportive when work on their projects is shared on social media. They are incredibly awesome people behind this little company.

BoW Ben
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”

The Tall Dwarf
    martyn-1.jpg
    martyn-2.jpg
    mouse-ranger-1.jpg
    mouse-ranger-2.jpg
    raven-1.jpg
    raven-2.jpg
    reuben-1.jpg
    reuben-2.jpg
    badgers.jpg
  • Avatar Image coxjul1163p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Nice work @Brennon – bringing this excellent set of sculpts to life.

• Avatar Image kantor72425p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Someone out there should make a game based off the Redwall novels, a lot of these mini’s would fit right in :) .

Thanks, @coxjul – very much enjoyed painting these miniatures and going back to my childhood memories of the Redwall books.

Well, Burrows & Badgers is a pretty awesome game in its own right @kantor72 so may be worth checking out their rules for using these models. It’s very simple to get into and worth checking out – some cool ideas in there.

• Avatar Image emptynessisform1039p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

you really do some nice work Ben. fantastic choice of sculpts as well. the dog and the raven I especially like.
    painting my mice and mystic at the moment and your tempting me to branch out.

Thank you @emptynessisform – the Mice & Mystics set is great, a nice little set to paint up and the game ain’t too shabby either.

Might be neat to see if Oathsworn do enough miniatures to mix or swap out for the Mice & Mystics ones and use them in your games :)

• Avatar Image gremlin131p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Great work, they look really good. I’m very tempted by this range but I don’t think my painting skills would do them justice. I’m also swamped by unpainted minis!

• Avatar Image aurorainbag507p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Seeing these makes me want to go on a shopping spree. I really like the øse models. And they’re so beautifully painted.

Thank you @gremlin & @aurorainbag – one of the things I’ve noticed with the range is that they’re very forgiving if you scuff up a bit, since with fur and plenty of hard lines to their armour/clothing, as long as you’re neat a good wash/shade will make them pop.

Currently, I use them as a ‘break’ from painting mounds of plastic models as they’re so different.

• Avatar Image oathsworn182p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Hey Ben, Jo here…your minis are great! You really have done a beautiful job painting the Burrows & Badgers animals :-)

• Avatar Image kantor72425p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

@brennon said:
    Thanks, @coxjul – very much enjoyed painting these miniatures and going back to my childhood memories of the Redwall books.

Well, Burrows & Badgers is a pretty awesome game in its own right @kantor72 so may be worth checking out their rules for using these models. It’s very simple to get into and worth checking out – some cool ideas in there.

That’s something I’ll have to do then :) . Those Badgers make excellent Lords from Salamandastron.

• Avatar Image tonysilvey325p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Looking good and very characterful. How many more do you have to do?

• Avatar Image georgesealy181p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

@brennon Lovely looking paint jobs, and gorgeous figures too. Makes me want to put together an animal warband at some stage too.

• Avatar Image amachan171p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Looking good! I love painting those models myself as well, they are really great sculpts.

Follow me on Twitter for work in progress updates and finished mini’s I’m working on: https://twitter.com/MandaPii
    Or see some of my work here on Beasts of War: http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/painting/forum/topic/amachans-finished-minis/

Thanks, folks – I have a Stag Beetle Knight and a Toad Mage still to do, as well as a little Mouse Monk who I think I might turn into an objective marker rather than a part of the warband itself @tonysilvey