Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Children of Shadow – An AoS Dark Elf plog

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 54 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Children of Shadow – An AoS Dark Elf plog (16 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image mage5493p said 4 days, 5 hours ago:

My Darkling Coven Sorceress, a model currently in production with GW. The only other one available from them at present is part of a multi-part plastic kit, and mounted on a dragon to bit. I like to think she is more feral than her counterpart with the glowing eyes and more fierce countenance.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

The main Sorceress of the Coven, an older metal GW Sorceress. She is on a bigger base and overall looks both older and more opulent. She will be the general if I use two of them in a force. Quite frankly, it’s a sin this model is no longer in production on the site. She is in a more neutral and reserved post.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Here is an incomplete Fleetmaster to go along with the army. A little trick to paint with the way it is posed, but totally worth it for such a cool looking badass.

View post on imgur.com

An old metal Dark Elf Lord, converted with sword arm from the current plastic Black Dragon kit. Since the current rules for this old unit type aren’t really being properly supported any more and don’t quite mesh with the current AoS factions (keywords are all different) so I will be using him as a Lieutenant to the Fleetmaster. Yes, I know, he has a full suit of plate. Think Vicatrion Greyjoy – he isn’t afraid to drown.

View post on imgur.com

Ten of my fifty Corsairs. Only at the basecoat stage at the moment. Forty more to go. I might have to draft in some help…

View post on imgur.com

The elite of the Darkling Coven side of the army, protecting the Sorceresses; the brooding and deadly Black Guard. I need more of these in my army…

View post on imgur.com

Crossbowmen… that are now called Darkshards. They have a 3+ in being copyrightable. Joking aisde, these are a mix of the old Dark Elf Warriors plastic kit by GW from a few years ago, with some Dark Rider plastic kit bits. It raises the question as to where the hell I put my Doomfire Warlock models. Turned the place up and down trying to find them. I must treat myself to a kit of them before Christmas.

View post on imgur.com

An Assassin… and somehow a different faction now. So we have Darkling Covens, Scourge Privateers and now Shadowblades…

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Now a fourth faction. So, these guys are now Order Serpentis. Right now, what I have is a ‘Mixed Grand Alliance Order’ army which happens to have a lot of Aelfs.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

• Avatar Image georgesealy181p said 4 days, 5 hours ago:

Nice to see some AoS love on the forums! I like the strong colour choices, particularly on the younger sorceress.

• Avatar Image mage5493p said 4 days, 4 hours ago:

I have had a lot of fun doing these guys. Next on the agenda is waiting for my GW order to arrive. I have ten more crossbowmen I shall put together, and will rebase an old metal Dark Elf Unit onto round bases, and get around to them eventually.

Painting wise I will be doing the Black Guard and Corsairs next, which will feed into another project.

I intend on converting some executioner models and adding more Black Guard too. Its an exciting project to have. I want to add some Doomfire Warlocks too, and I have a bunch of High Elf models from last eidition (predominantly from the old Fantasy starter set Island of Blood, now it is called Spire of Dawn

Any thoughts, comments or questions?

• Avatar Image mage5493p said 4 days, 4 hours ago:

Thanks @georgesealy I plan on posting up a lot more AoS on the hobby forum. I have some plans! Have a Stormcast Character I am working on at the minute too, but that is a tale for another plog…

• Avatar Image davehawes54p said 4 days, 3 hours ago:

Never had a Dark Elf army when I was collecting GW stuff, but always thought they looked cool.

I always loved the cold one models, love the paintwork highlighting the scales on those.

• Avatar Image mage5493p said 4 days, 3 hours ago:

Thanks! The scales were handy with gw paints and army painter green tone and drybrushes

Don’t yet have a photo box so this will Have to do

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

• Avatar Image emptynessisform1039p said 4 days, 1 hour ago:

love dark elves, top choice my mate. any chance of a group shot @mage?
    are you tempted by those amazing raging heroes dark elves?

• Avatar Image mage5493p said 3 days, 23 hours ago:

I’ll try do a group shot tomorrow.

Haven’t checked out the raging heroes ones

• Avatar Image georgesealy181p said 3 days, 21 hours ago:

@mage I love that dragon model – I’m planning to use it for my Wanderers when I get everything else painted :)

• Avatar Image georgesealy181p said 3 days, 21 hours ago:

@mage said:
    Haven’t checked out the raging heroes ones

You really should :D

• Avatar Image mage5493p said 3 days, 7 hours ago:

My Dark Elves and various bases arrived in the mail

View post on imgur.com

Im going to convert this beauty into a Sorceress for my coven.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

• Avatar Image mage5493p said 3 days, 5 hours ago:

Also debased these dudes

View post on imgur.com

• Avatar Image davehawes54p said 3 days, 1 hour ago:

The newer sculpts are certainly beautiful and full of detail. But that detail, and in some cases dynamism in poses, I think makes them a bit trickier to convert than the older, simpler mini’s. Then again, maybe that just means I need to bring my conversion skills up to modern standards.

That Dark Eldar model does look like it would fit in beautifully.