Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Darkness fell upon the land

Beasts of War Homepage

Join The Team Yankee Firestorm Red Thunder Online Campaign Today! - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 22 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Darkness fell upon the land (11 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image caladors4167p said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

I felt a deep and oppressive presence fall over the land.
    My home heavy with its presence, something that demanded attention. A darkness that fell over this land… a MASSIVE DARKNESS!

photo DSC01343.jpg

So yeah my massive darkness pledge arrived :D

So while it is really good that it arrived! But :’( the problem is I have quite a lot going on as I am doing this so I am thinking maybe this may be something for a weekender hobby night? Who knows? I wanted to get more non GW stuff on WAYPN but I also want to get all of this painted as a measure of accomplishment :D

So what do you think guys you want to see some games? Some painted minis? Something else completely?! Alright guys I will leave you for now :D
    Have you received your pledge?
    What did you order? What didn’t you? And most importantly!
    Why? TO ALL of the above :D

Alright guys and gals have a good one :D

• Avatar Image aurorainbag324p said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

Ooooooooooh nice! I’m still (very impatiently) waiting for my pledge.

And just iike you, I have so much else going on too. So not sure when I’ll get to start painting…but I’ll definitely be playing as soon as it gets here. Been so looking forward to this game.

I ordered quite a lot of extra stuff. Truth be told, it was the first kickstarter I jumped in to, so kinda went a little overboard :p When the box gets here, I’ll snap a picture.

• Avatar Image caladors4167p said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

@aurorainbag well I thought I went overboard and my friend got more than me!

So I wonder what you think is over board OTL o.0 ;.;
    ha ha ha

Give us a list of what you ordered :D which country are you? How long do you think you will have to wait on that one. I am looking forward to having a game :D

• Avatar Image aurorainbag324p said 2 weeks, 1 day ago:

@caladors I’m in Denmark. I see people getting their pledges in Germany, so I hope it’s coming up further north soon :) I haven’t gotten a tracking number yet, but then I hear people in Europe getting their pledge without ever getting the tracking number.

So…no clue when I’m gonna get it. Hopefully soon. Have most of next week off, due to summer holiday with daughter-critter. Would be awesome if we could get a couple of games in then.

I ordered everything apart from the Troglodyte box, a set of dice and the extra pillar and chest box. So a lot *blushes* :)

• Avatar Image limburger1531p said 2 weeks ago:

@caladors : cool …
    I hope I’m getting mine soon too.
    Did you get any kind of notification before it arrived ?

I think I had one of everything in my pledge.

With a bit of luck this month will see the arrival of more than a few kickstarters *grin*

festina lente cauta fac omnia mente
  • Avatar Image caladors4167p said 2 weeks ago:

@ both of you really :P

Well I got a notice from Australia post but it had arrived before I got the notice ha ha

@aurorainbag
    I really liked the idea of the troglodyte box because it is an easy access bad guy box for my game :) also am I the only one who thinks their packaging is amazing?

@limburger that is freaking intense! Everything well that is what my friend got too… so I guess this is a lot more common than I thought.
    What other Kickstarters?

• Avatar Image limburger1531p said 2 weeks ago:

@caladors :
    ‘This War of Mine’, Railraiders, A-case, ‘the monster’ are shipping too so with a bit of luck that shouldn’t be too far apart.(the creators say they’re shipping, I’ve yet to receive the stuff )

I rarely pick the lowest tier on pledges, because I kind of want ‘everything’ most of the time anyway. And with interest rates being what they are it’s probably cheaper too (well that’s what I tell myself ;-) )

Did you have any of the bad cards that they mentioned in their recent update ?
    ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/massive-darkness/posts/1949934 )

• Avatar Image dawfydd951p said 2 weeks ago:

I’ve got the tracking number for RoyalMail but THE DAMN PACKAGE HASN’T SHIPPED YET!!!!

Ahem.
    I may be rather keen for this to arrive, if nothing else for the great Zombicide: Black Plague/Massive Darkness crossover to begin….
    Wait. Hang on. This has Orcs? Black Plague – The Green Horde has ZOMBIE Orcs. How evil would it be to run a game where you kept a track of how many Orcs the Heroes killed, then resurrected them as The Green Horde midway through?

• Avatar Image caladors4167p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

@dawfydd LONG TIME NO SEE :D Good to see you man :D
    Glad to see you’re still here :D

So I don’t know about how their postage works so *shrugs* :/
    I don’t know if it has Orcs or not I will look through. But yeah…

@limburger looks like your got a lot heading your way :D
    I don’t know about the cards because I haven’t looked ha ha :/ I should but I am just more interested in the models

photo DSC01344.jpg

Here is the first thing I painted so, I tried out blending with airbrushing and it turned out okay :D but yeah.
    So I am going to have to put in more effort :D

• Avatar Image limburger1531p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

@caladors :
    That’s a bit too much green for my likeing, but it probably looks better in real life.

The boxes are at least another two weeks worth of waiting for me according to todays’ update, but that’s ok.
    I can watch you paint half of it by the time it’s in my hands … ;-)

btw: if you thought that was a lot you should see what the Mythic Battles kickstarter is like. I think I’m going to need a bigger house after that one.

// — edit —
    I got the tracking number … so it looks like I got advance warning ;-)

• Avatar Image dawfydd951p said 4 days, 20 hours ago:

My package arrived Friday and damn! That’s a lot of models! I didn’t get add much on to the Lightbringer pledge beyond the plastic tokens (almost a must-buy if CMON offer it for one of their games) Black Plague crossover card pack and and extra set of pillars & chests (not sure why I did that…) but man, I wish I’d been able to afford some of the extra encounter and monsterpacks for completions sake….