Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Dead Man’s Hand – A Rogues Gallery

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Nemesis Board Game kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 1 hour, 9 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Dead Man’s Hand – A Rogues Gallery (32 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image onlyonepinman5325p said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

As well as several other projects I have on the go, including finishing the Star Wars Imperial Assault miniatures I have also recently bought into the Dead Man’s hand game. Me and a friend had been looking at it for a while after seeing it at Vapnartak 2016 in York. We both love westerns but the most important feature of this game is that it has an incredibly low buy in – even more so if you go to a convention and get a discount! A Gang will set you back around £20, or you can buy a starter bundle with a gang, a set of tokens, a deck of cards and a rule book for £44 or a two a gang bundle for £60. And then that’s it, you’re good to go.

So this will be charting my journey through painting dead man’s hand miniatures, which is also my first real foray into anything even remotely historical (although as you will see, I have started out with something fictional!)

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5325p said 5 months, 3 weeks ago:

The first model I have painted is actually one of the DMH Rogues collection; a series of miniatures loosely based on (but in most cases legally different from) (in)famous characters in western fiction. In this case, I have painted Ely Fergus, loosely based on the character Elam Fergusson from the Hell on Wheels TV show. I had a blast painting this model because the skin tone is so interesting. Elam Fergusson (played by the Rapper “Common”) is black but has quite a pale skin tone which proved quite interesting and enjoyable to paint.

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5325p said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Next model in the Rogues Gallery – John Bridges.

There are many types of men who wear the badge of the U.S Marshals and then there’s John Bridges. He’s the meanest, he’s a pitiless man, double tough and fear don’t enter into his thinking. But as he himself always says, “I never shot nobody I didn’t have to.”

• Avatar Image fishman1506p said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Loving the western stuff mate. I have a shelf full of various western bits and pieces, but no dead man’s hand yet. Great to see what I can expect when I finally get some, and so fantastically done!

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5325p said 5 months ago:

A friend of mine (some might say a lucky friend) has asked me to paint some of his Dead Man’s hand stuff, so I am starting with the Mexican Banditos.

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5325p said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

A few more Banditos done today. One of the great things about Dead Man’s hand is that there isn’t really much of a uniform so painting them can be quite interesting, although I have gone for mostly muted colours. However from a game-play perspective this can make identifying models a little more difficult. So as I was painting and basing them, I came up with the idea of using coloured flower tufts on the base to identify the models as part of the same gang. All of the Bandtitos have yellow flowers on their base. The next gang I do will have a different colour and so on.

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5325p said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5325p said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5325p said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

The Last Bandito. I guess that makes him sound like some kind of folk hero.

• Avatar Image sulphur72p said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi love this game, heres a pic of my town we used at my clubs yearly games tournament.
    It was used as a demo table for the day whilst the 40k and AOS games were on.

img_20170909_125534.jpg

And from ground view

img_20170909_125526.jpg

@sulphur that looks amazing! Building a town is actually something I am really looking forward too. I have a huge soft spot for Westerns

Can I ask what the train is and where it’s from?

Hi the train and most of The buildings are from Sarissa , and ive been adding to it for a couple of years now. I play other games so tend to go back and forth with them.
    The other couple of buildings are 4 ground, the sarissa ones I spray paint on the sprue before building.Glad you like its great fun building your own town best of luck
    Kev

• Avatar Image while198p said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looks fantastic! Both @onlyonepinman minis and @sulphur terrain! I’m getting Black Scorpion Tombstone kickstarter! Looking to get some of the 4ground buildings for it! This is all very inspiring!