Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Down on the Farm – The latest Guild ball Plog from Commodore Rob

Beasts of War Homepage

HEROES OF FALLEN FRONTIERS on Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 9 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Down on the Farm – The latest Guild ball Plog from Commodore Rob (19 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 4 days, 22 hours ago:

Aye up… Time for a bit of Country life… Welcome to my new Guild Ball Plog. This time up it’s time for the Honest Land famers Guild Team.

So to get us in the Mood a bit of appropriate music

Official graduate of the Oriskany Operational Warfare Military Gaming Academy
    Bootcamp Veteran: Dropzone Commander, Bolt Action, Team Yankee, Walking Dead, Dropfleet Commander, Flames of War, Hobby Camp, Wolsung
  • Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 4 days, 22 hours ago:

Ok now on with the team

The usual start base coat in Skelly Bone and Strong tone wash from army Painter

I am going to go with the army painter dip method for this team I think.

dsc_12481.jpg
    dsc_1260.jpg
  • Avatar Image seldon91828p said 4 days, 11 hours ago:

Good start @commodorerob.

• Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 4 days, 10 hours ago:

@seldon9 cheers that’s the easy bit…lol

• Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 3 days, 19 hours ago:

A bit of progress on the minis tonight, using the Army Painter method it’s a lot quicker, and means working across all the figures at once

dsc_1264.jpg
  • Avatar Image beardragon142041p said 3 days, 10 hours ago:

Damn matie you are fast …. those three photos would have been over a week’s work to get that far. You have made an excellent start and I can’t wait to see the finished product. ……… Mostly because I have the same box sitting in my ” to be painted by the end of the year “pile and I am looking for inspiration and finer points .

Likes: KoW, DS, DB, DZ, AoS, MESBG, BB, WWX, GB, WM/H, AW and acronyms :-)
    Also likes: Dwarfs, Beer, Family, Good Friends, and Women with no taste in Men (thank god for them)
  • Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 3 days, 7 hours ago:

@beardragon14 the first two pictures are about 10mins work tops. Basically I use the Army painter Skelly bone primer in a spray can. Then I use the strong tone wash over it when its dry.

The next picture is about 2 hours work just blocking in the base colours

Flesh for the skin
    White for the shirts
    Blue – for the overalls
    Leather – for the leather bits
    Yellow Ochre – for the baskets and shirt on Bushel
    Light Brown for the wooden bits
    Fire Orange for the pumpkins (I like how this has turned out because the thin paint has made the pumpkins look pretty cool over the primer and the wash)
    Burnt Umber for the hair
    Silver for the metal
    Still got more to do but should hopefully have the base colours and the dip done by Sunday

• Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 1 day, 7 hours ago:

Well the base colours are all done

Next step to add the dip

dsc_1268.jpg
  • Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 1 day, 7 hours ago:

And the dip is on now to wait 24 hours for it to dry

dsc_1269.jpg
  • Avatar Image beardragon142041p said 1 day ago:

Loved your bases mate….. the wet dips look very confronting (I have never used them, so have no idea how they’ll change) . Can’t wait to see how they turn out.

• Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 1 day ago:

I will take a picture when it is dry, as to the bases, all it is at the moment is burnt umber over the standard base and covered in dip, there will be more to them. :-)

• Avatar Image commanderkaiser192p said 20 hours, 26 minutes ago:

Good work Rob, inspiring me to pick up a few guild ball models to paint. Looking at fishermans or the butchers guild at the moment.

• Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 19 hours, 42 minutes ago:

@commanderkaiser go for it, they are great models to paint. I am waiting for some bases to arrive so I can start work on my Fishermen and Butchers :-)

After the farmers I will be doing….

• Avatar Image commodorerob1836p said 11 hours, 21 minutes ago:

The dry dip, quite difficult to take a good picture as it’s got a lot of shine from the dip. Next up to the anti-shine.

dsc_1275.jpg
  • Avatar Image torros4102p said 11 hours, 8 minutes ago:

@commodorerob Are you sure you’ve left it long enough in this weather. I had a problem once where the surface seemed dry in coldish weather but underneath it was still tacky and it started to smudge when the Matt varnish was added