Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Dragon Ball Blue Vegetto HUGE plastic figure

Beasts of War Homepage

Forge of Destiny Facebook - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 3 hours, 52 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Dragon Ball Blue Vegetto HUGE plastic figure (7 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image kamaron166p said 1 week ago:

This is a very unusual painting post, I hope you like it ^_^

I big little proyect I made for a friend, repainting a rather ugly Vegetto plastic figure from a chinese online store.
    As you can see in this photo (sorry poor lightning) the figure has a rather dull plastic color. So I challenge myself to paint him, using my airbrush and other classic techniques.

Space Reiver for scale xD

I’m not a great painter but I can defend myself. This was my first very large figure to paint, and it was harder to paint than expected, but for the wrong reasons.
    I don’t have photos but I decided to dismout the figure, and paint with the airbrush everything except the orange clothes and the skin details.
    The problem was that rebuilding the miniature again was very dificult. VERY dificult. So I ended ruining most of my paintjob while trying to reassemble it, and finally decided to clean and repaint with the brush the boots and arms.
    The head was detached and was glued to begin with, so I didn’t need to clean or repaint much.

The painting scheme was very simple, base color and one shadow and light layer, as I was trying to achive a very cartoonish look.
    The body was a pain to paint because it was so big I couldn’t work confortable on it. Luckily my airbrush technique is easy enough, so it didn’t matter much.
    – Paint the body Deep Blue (Necron Abyss if I remember correctly).
    – With the body upside down, and the airbrush always at 45 degrees max, use Black for the shadows (reverse cenit lightning xD)
    – Regular blue for the cenit light.
    – Final hard lignthing brush details.
    I really like this reverse cenit for the shadows, I’m using it extensively with all my painting proyects.

Space Reiver for scale xD

I love who the hair ended looking, the airbrush is so powerfull when doing such easy but striking color lights.

The pottala pendants had a very generous gloss barnish layer.

The skin ended quite dark, but my friend loved it.

I’ve learned so much while acomplising this proyect. Now I don’t fear big figures (much), I’ve learned how to mask while using the airbrush, some cenit lightning intensive practice and such.
    I will paint some more of this big figures in the future, but I will surely don’t disassemble them hahahaha

• Avatar Image goggs51p said 1 week ago:

Super work, I particularly like what you achieved with the hair.

• Avatar Image dreadknot6961p said 1 week ago:

Amazing work! Really great work, especially the highlighting.

• Avatar Image seldon91846p said 1 week ago:

That’s looks fantastic! I hope your friends appreciates it.

• Avatar Image davehawes309p said 6 days, 20 hours ago:

Nice bit of alternative hobby work, very cool.

Check out my skirmish game Deneb! –
  • Avatar Image kamaron166p said 6 days, 5 hours ago:

@goggs thanks, I really like it too. It works very well and is super simple effect to achive :D

@dreadknot69 Thank you. The highlight is a little crude, but it works ^_^

@seldon9 Hahahaha I can asure you, she loved it xD

@davehawes Thanks, I thought it might be something interesting to show, as it was a rather unusual hobby proyect.

• Avatar Image mage6045p said 6 days, 3 hours ago:

Looks excellent dude