Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Hobby Night Live (08/09/2017) – Post Your Community Projects!

Beasts of War Homepage

Grab your Aristeia Box Today - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 1 hour, 44 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Hobby Night Live (08/09/2017) – Post Your Community Projects! (249 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image brennon3115p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Make sure to come and join us this week for Hobby Night Live where we’ll be painting up our projects between 9pm and 12am BST on Friday!

Main Topic Here: http://www.beastsofwar.com/hobby-night-live/personal-projects-08-09-2017/

All you have to do is upload images to your posts here and you might be featured on the show! Additionally, you can also simply comment on what you’re enjoying during the show and we could mention you live on air.

If you want to talk with us more directly we are also running a Twitter Hashtag…

#HobbyNightLive

Twitter Link – https://twitter.com/beastsofwar

…which we will be monitoring. If you want to engage with us then it’s important that you use both Twitter and THIS forum thread.

Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBeastsOfWar
    Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/beastsofwar
    Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TheBeastsOfWar/
    Periscope – https://www.periscope.tv/beastsofwar/1ynJOjQoZDAGR
    Hitbox – http://www.hitbox.tv/thebeastsofwar
    Beam – https://beam.pro/beastsofwar

BoW Ben – “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    The Tall Dwarf
    hobby-night-live-show-5-large-logo.jpg
  • Avatar Image mage5348p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

I can’t wait for this. Hopefully I can participate in this one. I have my son this weekend but this starts after his bed time :)

• Avatar Image richbuilds385p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

I always look forward to the hobby nights! I’ll be there, hobbying!

Check out my blog for more scale shenanigans! http://www.richbuilds.com
  • Avatar Image tchrin286p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

woohoo. HNL! Forgot that it was coming up. That makes this week so much more palatable. Looking forward to it!

@brennon can I suggest something is posted to the front page before Friday as a lot of people don’t check the forums. I don’t think last month’s was advertised on the main page at all until the day and I got the impression there were less people than usual, and that might be why.

Enthusiastic Amateur Hobbyist
    Slowly (re)learning after a 15 year hiatus from the hobby
  • Avatar Image avernos1384p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

sweet, early on Friday and I’m taking the Saturday off, so I’ll be here from the get go. Just have to decide on the project I’m not going to complete this time round ;)

“Daemons and Shit!” -BoW Lloyd 2017

Sophia Lives!!!

• Avatar Image caladors4770p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Good luck everyone who participates I am not sure I will have time to be on this one, but I always love seeing community projects :D

Hope to participate but if I can’t I will look forward to seeing the result :D

• Avatar Image craigwrdouglas517p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

I’ll be doing a bit more thousand sons as well, though I have run out of candy red and waiting for more to arrive. I’ll sort out some pics when I get home.

Edit Candy Red was waiting for me which is great – I was expecting it arrive late like the Mig paint for the ultras which missed 2 hobby nights ago.

wp_20170906_20_41_31_rich.jpg
    wp_20170906_20_42_55_rich.jpg
    wp_20170906_20_43_58_rich.jpg
    wp_20170906_20_59_14_rich.jpg
    wp_20170906_21_03_32_rich.jpg
  • Avatar Image brennon3115p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Should now be a post live on the main page as well as here in the forums :)

Looking forward to your work folks!

• Avatar Image tomd139p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

I am planning on painting up some infinity minis this weekend. I purchase Red Veil few month back and got around to assembling them last weekend.

Got them primed and ready for some paint:

red-veil01.jpg
    red-veil02.jpg
    red-veil03.jpg
  • Avatar Image nogginthenog1301p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

So, you caught me at a busy time this week, so not sure how much I will be able to get done.
    My plan, therefore is to put together the death guard models from dark imperium, because I can start and stop with that as I want, if I’m lucky, maybe get them primed too.

Eventually I want them to look like this. This one is the first death guard I did during the first or second hobby night live, its done by spraying dead flesh colour over the whole model, and then adding all the different tones through washes and inks.

For the armour its mainly secret weapon baby poop wash, with green inks added where it feels right. Horns are done with vallejo sepia wash, and then i used actual purple paint for the tentacles. The metals are done with a coat of grey and then turquoise washes to simulate the corroded copper or brass, and some rust effects on the weapons themselves. It was a very quick way to do things and I like the messy finish, I think it suits the subject more than clean paint.

Base is just pva glue and secret weapon fallout wash mixed together.

death-guard-20.jpg
    death-guard-21.jpg
    death-guard-22.jpg
    death-guard-23.jpg
  • Avatar Image fishman1506p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

@warzan Hardcore Aussie will be on station! Bloody 6 am start! On a Saturday! You sadists.

Can’t wait to see what everyone is doing, awesome fun.

For those who are wondering if they should get involved, DO IT!

You never know, your simple little project could get you a Hobby God Bag! I certainly never expected it, so jump in and get involved. Of nothing else, we enjoy seeing your stuff come together.

@nogginthenog Lovely. Can’t wait to see that come together.

@richbuilds More on the Fallout table? Love the way that is coming together. Well envious of your skills. That trailer looked great and you mode it look so easy on the video.

@mage, not long till he can join in too. Get them young, hook them for life.

@brennon thanks for your work and the rest of the guys in bringing these things together and getting the community really involved together.
    @tomd Those will be great with some paint thrown at them. Look forward to seeing them.

• Avatar Image mage5348p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Soon enough @fishman , soon enough.

• Avatar Image theswaf7p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

So it’s my first real post on this forum but I’ve been lurking BOW for some time! I’ve started my model for HNL, as I’m not going to finish it in one session!

My sister’s birthday is coming up soon and I thought it might be fun to paint her a model to go along with the Catan extension she has been asking for! I had a look through my currently unbuilt/unpainted pieces and there wasn’t really anything that would suit. Then I spotted the Captain Rani Nimue promotional miniature that the guys from WWX we’re giving out at UK Games Expo.

I decided not to attach the revolver and sword included on the sprue as I feel that they clutter the miniature. My sister isn’t a wargamer so she won’t be playing with it anyway; no need for WYSIWYG! I thought hard about what to prime the miniature with, the base is quite prominent and I wanted her to stand out from it rather than be overpowered by it. In the spirit of keeping the base colours dark and hers light they got a black and a white priming respectively.

I haven’t painted water a great deal before but due to the wave’s excellent sculpting (the frothy bits are great!) I knew that the ridges would take to dry brushing well. I base coated the water with Altdorf Guard Blue and the mechanical platform/tail/submarine/thing (now known as the Lilo) with Leadbelcher (dark iron metallic) and a thin coat of Balthasar Gold (dark gold metallic) over the top to bronze it slightly. Then I dry brushed Chronus Blue on the water and a highlight of Ceramic White.

I think I need to give the water a wash (perhaps Drakenohof Nightshade [a dark blue wash]??) and I am gutted I have no gloss varnish to make it feel more like a fluid. Anyway if you guys have some water painting advice to improve it that would be great! I’ll post more on Friday.

nimueplain.png
    nimueprimed.png
    nimuebased.png
    nimuedry1.png
    nimuedry2.png

@theswaf Looking good.