Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Hobby Night Live (11/08/2017) – Post Your Community Projects!

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Legends of Sleepy Hollow Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 12 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Hobby Night Live (11/08/2017) – Post Your Community Projects! (259 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image jammyjim213p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

It’s not much progress as could only do 30 mins or so yesterday as I was taking little one camping and star gazing. I will try and get a group shot of my progress on the blood rage set as well. Just got to find some snow for the bases, maybe look at the GW stuff valhallan blizzard or whatever they call it. Anyone used it?

hnl-main.jpg
    hobby-night-live-show-4-main-image.jpg
  • Avatar Image nogginthenog1291p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

I have done some more to my tank, its progressed through several stages although there is not a lot to show for the amount of work behind the scenes.

I’ve painted in all the cabling and tool details, hit the model with a coat of future floor polish (cheap gloss varnish), added decals (probably not historically correct, I just used what looks nice from the set included), re glossed with future to protect everything then started with an enamel pin was and some enamel grime streaking.

Only problem with enamels is they take a while to dry, so adding the dried mud and dirt will have to wait to later in the week.

I also painted the tracks, and I don’t know about everyone else but I am never too sure what colour to paint tracks, usually going for a mix of a dark brown/black with a bit of metallic mixed in. However I just found some Mig Ammo paints and they have a specific track colour so I’ve tried that. Its called dark tracks, and I really like the effect.

tiger-tank-8.jpg
    tiger-tank-9.jpg
    tiger-tank-10.jpg
  • Avatar Image cyfi35p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

not a lot but its all progress
    second highlight on the armour complete

bez4.jpg
  • Avatar Image ghostdog39p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Test model progress shots.
    Going to add some battle damage when the whole squad is done and the Luna wolves transfer on the right shoulder as well.
    Hopefully doing justice to a classic model that started a lot of plastic addiction to the older generations among us.

00112.jpg
    0029.jpg
    0037.jpg
    0047.jpg
  • Avatar Image dugthefug16441021p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

I have turned to my First Strike box to keep my hobbying going. I really enjoyed this guy and should do the remaining 2 Reivers in the same way.

“He either fears his fate too much, Or his desserts are small, Who dares not put it to the touch, To win or lose it all!” James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose.
    img_20170813_161849_762.jpg
    20170813_1456061.jpg
  • Avatar Image milmaa222p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

@tchrin haha thank you! I as shocked to see the spillage, its normally something I see posed from time to time, caught me off guard! Could have been much worse! I must say your work on Kairos’ wings looks awesome! I have never been a big Tzeentch fan (Im a Space Wolf) but that model is very impressive!

Todays work for me!

They are named Samson and Goliath and perhaps would be better fitting if they were yellow (and cranes) but I had to name them after some thing so iconic to my homeland! Samson is the Knight on the left of the photo, hes the main one I have done for this hobby night live weekend, although Goliath has received some touch ups and a new missile system on top…

For those who dont know about Samson and Goliath aside from the Biblical sense …

When looking in the Imperial Knight boxed set I found some ruined buildings, so thats next on my list so that I can call this project closed!

@azrael1990 those minis look super! I really like the colours used . Awesome.

@joerugby Wow those Ultramarines look sweet!!! Is that the pop goes the monkey Ultramarine badge on them?

img_09784.jpg
    samson-goliath.jpg
  • Avatar Image jammyjim213p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Got a group shot of my blood rage monsters so far. My painting certainly seems to be improving as I go along.

As well I managed to finish my mk1 storage solution for all painted miniatures. Mk2 will probably involve magnets though. But full kickstarter contents in one box, result, plus all the counters are in removable boxes! Foamcore and pva are your friends! :)

img_20170813_165852.jpg
    rps20170813_171930.jpg
    rps20170813_171955.jpg
    rps20170813_172017.jpg
    rps20170813_172037.jpg
  • Avatar Image andre77281p said 2 months ago:

“Tell me about your dreams!”:

dsci2311.jpg
  • Avatar Image janus1004479p said 2 months ago:

I have been working a bit more on the Romans, they are now ready to go onto their base;

On the AoS side of things I have mostly been working with terrain. Been airbrushing the basecoat plus some selected colours for two crypts (from Garden of Morr) and the Ophidian Archway.

and

img_07374.jpg
    img_07313.jpg
    img_07323.jpg
  • Avatar Image tchrin283p said 2 months ago:

@ghostdog Love the beakie, always makes me feel nostalgic :-)

@milmaa it’s ok you’re a worshipper of the corpse god, we’ll teach you the error of your ways and show you enlightenment, one way or another! And thanks, the wings are the one bit I’m entirely happy with so far!

Quick progress update…will be my last for a few days because of work stuff. I’ve finished the beaks and feet. I’ve spent ages trying to do…something with the staff but I’m not at all happy with how it’s come out. I was going for weird/esoteric, but I’ve just made it look a mess, so I’m going to rebase and start again on that. But that’s ok, it’s fun to try something out. Finally I’ve just based out the boney bits ready for some TLC when I next get a chance for more hobby (prob not until Thursday…how will I cope!)

Enthusiastic Amateur Hobbyist
    Slowly (re)learning after a 15 year hiatus from the hobby
    img_20170813_222500.jpg
  • Avatar Image tmsmnns150p said 2 months ago:

So, 1 day later and I have my first squad of 5 almost ready. Tomorrow will be squad markings and chapter symbols.

Closer shot of the regular marines:

And of course the sergeant:

img_4475.jpg
    img_4477.jpg
    img_4479.jpg
    img_4480.jpg
    img_4481.jpg
  • Avatar Image suetoniuspaullinus3735p said 2 months ago:

Finished the infantry I’ve started on Friday as well and made some minor changes to the PzIV:

• Avatar Image panzerkaput642p said 2 months ago:

I am on my final leg of painting these British Union of Fascists with just the weapons to finish off and then the basing. I am chuffed with them.

dscf4679.jpg
    dscf4680.jpg
    dscf4683.jpg
  • Avatar Image caledor2148p said 2 months ago:

I have been busy painting on the skin of the Mûmakil and this is the result.

I hope that I will find some time to continue but I have to do models for somebody else too.

mmakil-skin-14-08-2017.jpg
  • Avatar Image azrael199018p said 2 months ago:

Making progress in my Project “Painting the ISS starter” plus more

20170814_152443.jpg
    20170814_170457.jpg